• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

OMC magic twig

Not sure where he got his info as not yet on sale I’m told but he quoted a price of £15.00 😱 looking OMC website thet certainly know how to charge. It’s not just carp tax it’s carp tax times two (and more)…..£59.99 for a sweat shirt !

Not sure where he got his info as not yet on sale I’m told but he quoted a price of £15.00 😱 looking OMC website thet certainly know how to charge. It’s not just carp tax it’s carp tax times two (and more)…..£59.99 for a sweat shirt !
Have a look at the price of leads bill

It’s not just carp tax it’s carp tax times two (and more)…..£59.99 for a sweat shirt !
Yes, there is tax, there is carp tax and then there is Ali tax.

Part of me can’t help wondering if Ali’s drama queen histrionics are partly born out of the sheer relief of finally having acquired a product with a USP that they can patent: every other product on the OMC site just seems to be one more version of what is already available elsewhere, be it high-end branded or more VFM companies.

Nothing against Ali Hamidi personally and good luck to him. Not really my bag of chips to watch or to be Influenced into purchasing by, but I’m sure there’s plenty out there that will be.

Part of me can’t help wondering if Ali’s drama queen histrionics are partly born out of the sheer relief of finally having acquired a product with a USP that they can patent: every other product on the OMC site just seems to be one more version of what is already available elsewhere, be it high-end branded or more VFM companies.

Nothing against Ali Hamidi personally and good luck to him. Not really my bag of chips to watch or to be Influenced into purchasing by, but I’m sure there’s plenty out there that will be.
I read that and thought of a side brand one more version lol. That would have been some good marketing for the products that are the same as what’s out there.

Brrring…..Brrring…..Brrring……

“Hello?”

”Daniel? Mr Daniel Earl? This is Ali, from One More Cast. I’d like to offer you the position of our Chief Of Marketing. We’ll need to run an audition on your crying skills but all being well, the job is yours.”

I’d rather get this for self fish hooking, it’s cheaper, snag free and won’t leave any plastic in the river.

1 minute 23 seconds of that video…

“What can I make that would strike for me, whilest I’m sack back in my bivvy tucked up nice and warm….”

I absolutely fxxxing despair of angling sometimes, I really do.

These two numb nuts should also invent something that winds the fish in, photographs it and return it to the lake so that you can even stay at home tucked up nice and warm.
F@#£&ng superb mate😂😂 really tickled me that has!
Chris

Just had a thought….it’s not April 1st is it…I have had a Kip 🤷🏻‍♂️

Brrring…..Brrring…..Brrring……

“Hello?”

”Daniel? Mr Daniel Earl? This is Ali, from One More Cast. I’d like to offer you the position of our Chief Of Marketing. We’ll need to run an audition on your crying skills but all being well, the job is yours.”
Well he has Bobby Dazzler why not Diamond Danny?

The claims about the fish not being able to eject the hook I thought were pretty impressive. Until I actually watched the underwater channel and they didn't mention they were using the twig but you can see it on their rigs on the footage. You can see a few times where the fish clearly pick it up and spit it out. On one clip I believe the twig is even lifted off the bottom.

I seen all the bans flooding in on the various Facebook pages for lakes or clubs.

Hi men

Ali is marmite , his forceful screaming shouty promotion of very average gear is aimed at a demographic that wear silly hats and overpriced hoodies , so I'm ok . I have crossed paths with him commenting on the castable rat trap 😜 , but morals and standards were dropped from a height the day after he left Korda . The rods , reels , pods he was assuring everyone were the best were hot potatoes instantly and when I pulled him up on it as many did , he sold out .

OMC gear is very ordinary but has a good salesman , other than a box you strap to your rod which iv never seen anyone using , and now this , the rest are produced by all the other major even minor players just as good .

So the twig 🤔 , will sell loads of them as people hope it will short cut to success , people who buy ready made everything because of a lack of time fishing daytickets looking for a Facebook pic want to put all the odds in their favour . Tbh lots of anglers are new jumping strait into carp style angling , perhaps missing out morals and etiquette and don't see it like I do ......... A castable rat trap .

So yes , not for me , but I'm older than god's dog .

Hatter

Last edited:
Hi men ,

Funny just chatted to a member of my "no publicity" syndicate who said "I can't think of one member who would even entertain putting one on" , and that's why I'm a member 😁.

Hatter

OMC gear is very ordinary but has a good salesman ….

I’m not so sure he’s that good actually. Good sales require a little subtlety and nuance.
Hamidi just seems to over-egg the pudding with all the emotion and best-thing-since-sliced-bread claims.

But you are right Mark: any thinking angler with half ounce of common will see it for what it is. Sadly, the people who will take this hook, line and magic twig are likely to be either Noobs, youngsters or the desperate.

Kind of reminds me of the elasticated inline feeder rig.
Funny
I met the bloke who claimed to have invented the one handed catapult that’s been advertised in AT/ Anglers Mail for as long as I can remember
He was telling me how it revolutionised angling but I’ve never met anyone who’s used one … ever

Back