• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

OMC magic twig

Huanzhou Zhu

Seems like a big release for OMC and Ali, but I believe most fishery will ban it, and tbh, I’ve seen similar products 20years ago, not as good as it looks.

I see this earlier, it will get mixed reviews and good luck to them. It prob does help, but be like bait boats and deepers it has its place and some will and some will not accept or use it.

I see this earlier, it will get mixed reviews and good luck to them. It prob does help, but be like bait boats and deepers it has its place and some will and some will not accept or use it.
From my experience with similar products, first it may damage the fish, my false hook rate improved a lot with this, second, you get more snag…

Yer get you on that, I was just saying it be one of those things where it’s horses for courses. I meet her agree or disagree with it at this point I’m just happy free lining bread straight though to size 6 for chub. Purist in me 🤣

Ow and catching a pike on a method feeder with 7lb hook link today 😂 not by default I may add but a new one for me.

1 minute 23 seconds of that video…

“What can I make that would strike for me, whilest I’m sack back in my bivvy tucked up nice and warm….”

I absolutely fxxxing despair of angling sometimes, I really do.

These two numb nuts should also invent something that winds the fish in, photographs it and return it to the lake so that you can even stay at home tucked up nice and warm.

Yer get you on that, I was just saying it be one of those things where it’s horses for courses. I meet her agree or disagree with it at this point I’m just happy free lining bread straight though to size 6 for chub. Purist in me 🤣

Ow and catching a pike on a method feeder with 7lb hook link today 😂 not by default I may add but a new one for me.
I was free lining bread for chub with a group of ducks around on Friday, great fun, that is what I call fishing.

Let’s cut em a little slack here….. we know for a fact that 90% of barbel anglers don’t need to strike using a hair rig so what’s the difference really in evolving a carp rig to do even better what we all do here already.

Carp or barbel anglers habits are never going to change, we depend fully on the rig doing the first part of the work for us so they’ve evolved it a bit to do it better in the same way they’ve evolved lots of things that we use aswell.

Now I’m not going to rush out and buy one myself as I like simplicity and don’t see it as something that will help me out but I do say good luck to em. The carp world moving forward toes the barbel world slowly behind it.

Think about it carefully when your on a 24h session tucked in your bivvy with your rods on a buzz bar armed up alarms.
Boilies
on carp hooks, hair rigged with coated braid.
Some of you might want to save some time and run a deeper down the swim.

See where I’m going…..

Not fishing just catching. If all bites result in 100% hookups what is challenge? This will result in more snagged fish and of course will be banned on all fisheries in this country.

Not fishing just catching. If all bites result in 100% hookups what is challenge? This will result in more snagged fish and of course will be banned on all fisheries in this country.
That was my point Neil for barbel anglers using hair rigs it is already a matter of practically all bites become hook ups and the challenge is the same one we’ve faced for years. …….. finding the bastard things.

So the two arms sticking out doesn't concern anyone? It's described in Thames EA byelaws as illegal ( it pulls back) and if it's no different to self hooking rigs already widely in use , what is all the tears (Hamidi) and hype about?

That was my point Neil for barbel anglers using hair rigs it is already a matter of practically all bites become hook ups and the challenge is the same one we’ve faced for years. …….. finding the bastard things.
try eel fishing if you want a real challenge. if this helps reduce eels getting gut hooked I am 100% behind it.

But no arms sticking out to snag in the river or the net etc etc . Nor is banned widely or illegal in the Thames area region.

Yes I admit I dislike anything in Angling that is at odds with the environment, such as bivvys alarms bait boats three rod set ups two rod set ups and just about anything that someone like Chris Yates would not use.
For me Angling is a simple pursuit where you pit your skill against a worthy opponent that demands the utmost respect and considerations.
Those clips of self hooking carp made me feel ashamed of my pastime.
How anyone can support that gadget; and on here is beyond me.

Back