• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Off the shelf Barbel rods

Hi all,
This thread is a great read.

I’ve ordered a Basia X45 in 2.25 to my local tackle shop to have a play with.

I’ve only seen people speak about the 1.75 and 2.75…..may I missing something?

I opted for the 2.25 as currently using the Korum 2lb on the Lea. It’s a massive step up in quality and due to the cost need it to be right.

I’ve looked into a Dave Lumb Chimera 2.25 so torn between the two. Haven’t seen either.

Any help would be great.
Thsnks
Rob

Hi all,

I opted for the 2.25 as currently using the Korum 2lb on the Lea. It’s a massive step up in quality and due to the cost need it to be right.

I’ve looked into a Dave Lumb Chimera 2.25 so torn between the two. Haven’t seen either.

Any help would be great.
Thsnks
Rob
Have you been on Roger's Peregrine site?

He's been super helpful, both in super quick build times Robert, and advice.

I'd say give him a quick call mate 😊

Hi all,

Any help would be great.
Thsnks
Rob
The basia is a lovely rod. I've been looking for a second 2.25 for about 18 months now. Only seen a couple come up.

The basia is a lovely rod. I've been looking for a second 2.25 for about 18 months now. Only seen a couple come up.
I have only used a 2.75, long story but far too powerful for my needs so sold it. They got stick on here and other sites for their guides but never read of them failing. Great rod imho. Tried for a used 2.1/4 myself for ages but gave up.

Yes I've seen that. He's dropped it by £10 in 3 months. I did make an offer, no reply.
That used one in Feltham has been listed for months. Couriers as you know are prohibitive now and have a huge negative effect on used rod prices. I have 3 peregrines. Love them too. Others on this site are far more knowledgeable that I but regularly speak highly of the likes of Dave l/ Mark t build's. I like to listen to those who know.

I have both chimera 2.25 and basia 2.25, basia is a lighter, slimmer and equally powerful rod. The only drawback of this rod the tip ring, but that is an easy change.

Who did you send it to for the tip ring change?
To be honest, I dont find the tip ring is that bad, it is not an anti frap ring, but I personally don't find this is a problem. If you want to change it, just heat the ring with a lighter, and you can remove it easily, if there are any glue or epoxy left, remove with a fine sandpaper, and glue a new ring with right size. 5mins work top.

Back