• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nutrabaits Trigga Ice Boilies..

John Cook

Hi All,

Anyone using the readymades or rolling their own Trigga Ice Boilies? Whats your verdict? What do they smell like? Any info appreciated, PM if you prefer.

Do you think its worth giving sprouts a go then John:)

Not the easiest to roll yourself I would say.

i had some great results with them a few years a go and i`ve just gone back to them, yes they are a great chub bait, i also caught my first ever barbel on them.

Damian, whats the problem with rolling the bait?

Highly recommend the shelf life's John...I use them on the hook heavily soaked. ;)

You have a PM or two !!!

Last edited:
It has some really quite sticky binders in. It is quite a coarse powder base mix which I guess necessitates the need for those binders.

I have been thinking of using either trigga or trigga ice, Does anyone know what they smell like do they smell the same and is one better than the other?

Lads thank you for all the info im very grateful, thanks also to those who have sent PM's, sounds like i need to get to the shops for base mix and liquid for a try out at the weekend.

I have been thinking of using either trigga or trigga ice, Does anyone know what they smell like do they smell the same and is one better than the other?

Il keep it simple mate. They are both fishmeal based the ice being a winter bait the trigga being a summer bait but when all said and done the ice worksvall year round.

Back