• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Normark float rod buyers guide

@Richard Isaacs inquisitiveness got the better of me. I couldn't understand why the loss of length had no impact on the rods performance. All sections are the same length, there is no loss of length:

IMG_1232.JPG

The broken tip section has been spliced and I have repositioned the rings to sit one on the splice:

IMG_1231.JPG

I somehow managed to snap 10" off, it was absolutely freezing and my hands were numb and I was putting the rod in its bag. I was gutted at the time.
Edit, I'm still studying this repair. The tip ring is not Normark, I suspect I used heat to remove the Normark tip ring, it would be ruined and then removed all rings down to the break. Then I slid the splice down from the top, glued everything then fit the rings.

Last edited:
You were exceptionally lucky to have a spare tip section.
People would literally pay through the nose for 2/3000 series tip sections nowadays

Back