• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Noooooo

You would hope we all are Rhys, but with some of the comments on this thread it makes you wonder. A thread about fish welfare and comments about not using tools developed to protect fish. It's just common sense to use the things some very clever guys have provided us with

There is a new Paul on the forum with an attitude bordering on arrogance......reminds me of someone.

Such fun!

Regards,

Hugo

Last edited:
Just read all this, wish I hadn't bothered, but...

Ash, You said "Comizo barbel do very well in stillwaters"..................... They do indeed grow very big but have to go up the inlet rivers to spawn! I was watching them do so the other day as it happens.

Carry on.

Back to basics

I would never fish for barbel in a lake, or a muddy puddle, regardless of how big the unfortunate creatures were.

As ever

Hugo

Ash, You said "Comizo barbel do very well in stillwaters"..................... They do indeed grow very big but have to go up the inlet rivers to spawn! I was watching them do so the other day as it happens.

Carry on.

And your thoughts are?

Carry on.

You read all this and wish you hadn't bothered, but still had to post your opinion.

Brilliant!

Not my opinion Paul, just that Comizos are the same when it comes to spawning.

As for "brilliant",....... I know, no need to tell me.

Rhys,

That is where you are totally wrong. I happen to love my fishing in a totally different manner to you and everyone else in this arm of the galaxy................

Paul

This intriguing post poses a myriad unanswered questions Paul. Any chance you could expand on your reply to Rhys?

Cheers Tony, its always good to hear some first hand information (i only mentioned comizos as a reference to body shape but get your point).

Alex, i think Paul means he likes fishing in a sexual way.

Alex, i think Paul means he likes fishing in a sexual way.[/QUOTE]

Brings to mind to mind that old classic Marvin Gaye track: 'Sexual Eeling'

......I'll get my coat

Not sure if this helps, hinders or is just irrelevant but how do the EA breed barbel - surely they do not produce classic river conditions of course not...so it is all about biology. Many species have been introduced into alien environments and have bread successfully, only the panda seems to struggle:D
So what is it exactly that is missing from the still water that would stop barbel from spawning as opposed to the spawn being devoured?

Back