• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Noooooo

Paul Boyle

New this would come sooner or later .

10155347_839846259362391_2883978369592548363_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've read the Piece in question out of anglers mail ,that's an impressive double probably the biggest Stillwater barbel I've seen , but thort it odd he didn't weigh the fish ? Or is it just me .

Do you have to weigh fish??

I think a few folks can vouch I've caught enough not to worry about the weight of this double, it didn't look like coming anywhere near a PB so why go to the trouble of rolling it about in a sack etc?

Sorry ay I :)
Make love not paste

Do you have to weigh fish??

I think a few folks can vouch I've caught enough not to worry about the weight of this double, it didn't look like coming anywhere near a PB so why go to the trouble of rolling it about in a sack etc?

Sorry ay I :)
Make love not paste

Just thort a little odd thats all as they are doing a feature !!! , they take the time to picture the fish and not throw a number at us ? Normally these mags go out there way to give us a number that's all , but hey nice fish well done that angler.

Its a decision I made a few years ago after finding myself "disappointed" with 4lb perch and felt I had wasted a session if I caught a barbel that didn't nudge 15lb, had a moment of clarity and thought whats all that about!
I recently released a very well known common from a Derbyshire pit without weighing it, why should I, it would not have been a PB.

So I gave up chasing numbers, and found I enjoy my fishing a hell of a lot more!

Just sayin!

If that barbel looked like it may have nudged 16lb 13oz then I may have reached for a set of scales ;)

Just thort a little odd thats all as they are doing a feature !!! , they take the time to picture the fish and not throw a number at us ? Normally these mags go out there way to give us a number that's all , but hey nice fish well done that angler.

With some of the weights given to fish I see in the weeklies I'm not sure it would mean a lot anyway:)

Steve, I'm with you all the way on your weighing stance. If you can't get jolly over a 4lb Perch then it is definitely time for change.

Back