• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Noooooo

business being Business, I would think fisheries would breed a still water barbel if a still water barbel was required to increase revenue.

Who am I, or who are you, to say its wrong for another angler, handicapped or able bodied to fish for a barbel in a still water environment.

Some great posts made with reference to stocking of Barbel into barbless rivers

Just my take on it, :)

Not sure if this helps, hinders or is just irrelevant but how do the EA breed barbel - surely they do not produce classic river conditions of course not...so it is all about biology. Many species have been introduced into alien environments and have bread successfully, only the panda seems to struggle:D
So what is it exactly that is missing from the still water that would stop barbel from spawning as opposed to the spawn being devoured?

Not sure if it's still the case but they used to collect the eggs and milt from spawning Trent Barbel then hatch and rear them at Calverton.

Not Paulista but....

"If you want a picture of the future,
Imagine a boot stamping on a human face....for ever."

Orwell 1984

Alas that Paul is no longer with us......

Regards

hugo

]

Very witty Hugo, love it.

Back