• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Night fishing.

Oh dear Neil, this is going on a bit isn't it? Still, it is obviously proving to be fairly popular in some quarters, a little light relief, a belly chuckle here and there....an alternative to EastEnders perhaps? So, rather than being called spoil sports, lets have at it again dear boy :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave, I have tried to let things blow over with you by attempting to not stoke the fire if you will, ever since you 'welcomed' me on here with your abuse you have seemingly singled me out as what is wrong with angling and now the demise of BFW if it is in demise. You have a Bee in your bonnet about 'unity' in Angling, that is, your idea of unity, just as long as it meets your criteria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singled you out as what is wrong with angling Neil? That statement is as preposterous as it is wrong. I clearly stated that in my opinion, intolerance is one of the major problems in angling. Still...if the cap fits :rolleyes:

Yes, I do have a 'bee in my bonnet' about the need for unity in angling dear chap, just as your sarcasm on that point shows that you do not believe it to be of any importance. Now why does that not surprise me?

As for 'my idea of unity' and 'meeting my criteria' (of unity). I am stunned Neil....I was completely unaware that there were 'different varieties' of unity. Perhaps you could explain that concept?

Again, who on earth mentioned the 'Demise of BFW' Neil? Certainly not I dear boy :confused:

I have at no time in the past or this thread tried to impose my will on anyone who wishes to do what they want, why would I ? I have merely put down my thoughts, after all this is a Forum where views are exchanged without contempt for each other I would have hoped.

Neil, by continually pushing your theory that night fishing is somehow responsible for the decline in barbel in small rivers and should probably be banned (as you have), but utterly refusing to debate that notion when you were challenged to do so by Alex, Joe and myself....you ARE attempting to force your views on others. At one stage, you replied to one poster by saying 'Where is your evidence man'. Well....lets ask the same of you Neil...where is YOUR evidence in support of your theory? I have said that I fish a VERY small river which currently allows 24/7 fishing, and that this has had no noticeable effect on numbers of barbel present. (And I know of many other fisheries where the same is true) As I say, that is not proof positive that I am right and your theory is wrong...but as you have continually dodged all efforts by the above members to back up your theory with ANY evidence whatsoever...then it points to your theory being exactly what we thought it was from the off :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I am supposed to 'trust' you that you had some support for what you feel by way of PM and the author feels afraid of voicing his opinions on here...because of ME!!!

I really don't care whether you 'trust' me on this or not Neil. It is a fact, but you are entitled to think what you will.

I assume you are meaning Keith with regard to float fishing, if you are that is absurd if you are pointing a finger at me, I very much hold him in high regard, any criticism did not come from me I can assure you.

Yes I mean Keith, but at no time did I say or even insinuate that you were one of those criticising Keith for fishing as he does. Again, I was using that instance as an glaring example of general intolerance within angling. Once again, your paranoia is getting the better of you.

You say live and let live, well practice what you preach and stop hounding me at every opportunity, it is looking a bit obsessive.

Only using fire to fight fire Neil. Your continuous criticism of the preferences of others is truly obsessive. We first crossed swords because I was once a carp angler of sorts...and as carp fishing is demonstrably THE pet hate amongst the many you harbour, you have never forgiven me for that:D:D

Oh! yes the name calling ... reference D1CKHEADS that you described those that are not to your taste.

Did I say that? Well I never! I will have to give you that one then Neil :D

Now please cut all this carp out and stop playing games.

Me stop playing games Neil? You don't usually spell cr@p that way, now do you? But it suited you this time didn't it? :D You are a bad lad Neil:D

There you go Neil...if you want to point out that the above was hypocritical because it was pointless, childish point scoring...then you would be right. I hold my hands up. So, enough fun for one day, you fire away chap...I am done.

Was that OK Mike :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Fine Dave but I don't want it to go to 5 sets ! Perhaps a couple more rallies then pack in for bad light , sorry that's cricket .Neil just serve him an un hittable serve then you can both have a drink of barley water and change sides :D

Fine Dave but I don't want it to go to 5 sets ! Perhaps a couple more rallies then pack in for bad light , sorry that's cricket .Neil just serve him an un hittable serve then you can both have a drink of barley water and change sides :D

and swap dummies on the way :D;):rolleyes::eek::p:)

ONLY JOKING GENTS :):):)

Agreed mate :D Especially so as although it amused some, it seemed to upset others. You can't please them all, all of the time Neil :D Back to EastEnders it is then :D:D

Sorry Mike, complain stopped play :p

Cheers, Dave.

I think Dave and Neil should arrange a fishing trip together and kiss and make up. An all-nighter obviously,would probably get on like a house on fire me thinks:D:D

Stephen

I think Dave and Neil should arrange a fishing trip together and kiss and make up. An all-nighter obviously,would probably get on like a house on fire me thinks:D:D

Stephen

With all due respect, they probably would, two very passionate anglers, who both love the sport, and if its ever arranged, i would love to be sitting in the middle. Let me know if it ever comes off guys. :) I would bend over backwards to be there. :)

With all due respect, and yes I know it is the season of Goodwill and all that, but all this talk of having a night session with a pensioner and some willing to bend over backwards to watch is making me feel a bit nauseous :(

I think Dave and Neil should arrange a fishing trip together and kiss and make up. An all-nighter obviously,would probably get on like a house on fire me thinks

Make it a day/night match (as cricket has been referred to above) and then you'll both have some evidence/statistics/proof(?) to work with.... ;)

Sorry chaps but this is getting rather boring.

Night fishing can be enormous fun and most rewarding.

Regards,

Hugo

Sorry chaps but this is getting rather boring.

Night fishing can be enormous fun and most rewarding.

Regards,

Hugo

Sure it can, but the point I was putting across is that it may not be so rewarding for both the fish or the fishery. Burning a candle at both ends springs to mind. What can be boring as anglers to consider that?

Back