• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NGT

The one thing that mildly irritates me is the use of bait boats , especially the camo ones with little headlights on , really? It's not quite cricket is it ....
What has that got to do with a fish finder? mine just casts out and gives an approximation of the depth of the water.

What has that got to do with a fish finder? mine just casts out and gives an approximation of the depth of the water.
Absolutely nothing Eddie , I just slotted my post in with yours , no criticism intended or implied , apologies . On the subject of fish finders ,the one time I had a go with one [ it was one of those yellow duck shaped ones that you cast out on a line ] a pike grabbed hold of it , a few anxious moments until it was persuaded to relinquish it's grip

Absolutely nothing Eddie , I just slotted my post in with yours , no criticism intended or implied , apologies . On the subject of fish finders ,the one time I had a go with one [ it was one of those yellow duck shaped ones that you cast out on a line ] a pike grabbed hold of it , a few anxious moments until it was persuaded to relinquish it's grip
No problem, I was just curious how that fitted in with a bait boat, although there are adaptors to fit a fishfinder to a bait boat. Have only used my fishfinder a couple of times on stillwaters and just seems to be an easy way to gauge the depth of the water, I am waiting to try it on the lower severn, could be of use, may not, time will tell.

I think I may have posted this before, but I remember watching an angler send his £500 bait boat out on a small lake I fish , only for the resident cob swan to attack and come within an ace of sinking it , it was very funny to watch . The Swan did not give up easily ,later on it entered the anglers bivvy , much cursing ensued , I wish I had filmed it
I'd love to see that.

You could modify your fish finder by putting a couple of treble hooks on the bugger, then if a pike grabs it again.... boom, you got yourself a pike and the knowledge of depth on the body of water your fishing. Happy days.👍🏻👌🏻😂

Another Headsup for NGT
26p a Float☺ Haven't received these yet so have taken a gamble
Anyone else got these
Wow that’s cheap.
If you wouldn’t mind please update the thread with a review once they arrive. At that price it could be good for these tench boys to stock up on if they are any good.

Wow that’s cheap.
If you wouldn’t mind please update the thread with a review once they arrive. At that price it could be good for these tench boys to stock up on if they are any good.
I use the unloaded ones all the time.
Perch fishing with prawn top and bottom and tench waggler style.

The only fault can be that the bottom section can come unglued on the ones I use.

Great value

I use the unloaded ones all the time.
Perch fishing with prawn top and bottom and tench waggler style.

The only fault can be that the bottom section can come unglued on the ones I use.

Great value
Got loads of float adapters and lots of drennan ones off of old sqaushed floats that can convert half of them to unloaded.

Back