• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NGT

I too have some bits and bobs - rod sleeves, net floats, leads bag. All good quality, have lasted well and cost less than other brands. Wouldn't hesitate to look at NGT for other kit when I need it.
Me neither. I’m definitely on board with it.
I am fussy about stuff and I will pay more if I think I’m getting a better product but I’m not paying more for the same quality stuff with a different name. Christ I love my fishing but I don’t think leads with Fox stamped in them send barbel into a feeding mood more than others.
it’s also less disheartening when I Chuck em in trees. 😂

I use their gripper leads and have been delighted with them. You'll get them for nearly half that price on line
the grippers are really good yeah.
I only buy on line if I need it and my tackle shop doesn’t stock it.
Don’t get me wrong I do want to save money where possible but I play my part to keep the local TS in business and buy what I can from them. They often treat me to a brew

Agree - most of the stuff has been bang on - tip/butt protectors are very good VFM and Ive had a couple of tackle boxes, just a bit big for my barbel bag but great for piking bits and bobs
Interestingly I bought a job lot from a carper last year - rods all Basia/ Longbows, Reels shimano & penn, alarms Delk TXI, chairs all Nash Indulgence so this bloke bought good kit but all the tackle boxes were NGT or TFG which says a lot.

I've bought loads of NGT stuff:

2 Man Fortress Bivvy & Overwrap
2x Bivvy Lights/Charger
2 bedchair bags (I supersize, 1 Normal)
5 Season Sleeping Bag (for wife)
36" Net
Clam Case
2x Bivvy Hooks
Multi-Section frying pan
Toastie Maker

All really good quality (and going to a bank near you in the near future restrictions allowing).

I have bought a lot of TFG stuff too, pretty pleased with all of that too!

NGT boilie/bait grinder....

Lasted a whole 15 mins before the handle sheared off....
Definitely a buy cheap pay twice item. I'm sure some of their stuff is good as vouched for by many on here, but I'd avoid this bit of kit. Waste of £12.
It clogged up quite quickly too, as the 'teeth' are a little too far apart IMO.
Anyway...on getting it out of the box, it looked and felt cheap. And turned out it was. So rubbish I cant even be ar$ed to go to the bother of sending it back.

Been using bits of their tackle for years with no complaints. Last purchase was distance sticks for £8.95 inc. postage. I cannot stand being ripped off with the main tackle firms prices.
You didn't fancy the Korda ones for £49.99 then? after all they do come with a built in spirit level!

I have a boilie crusher already...wanted something for larger quantities and I applicate paste with my fingers for free
Yes, but then your fingers smell of paste, and some of the pastes I've used are pretty smelly. Just seemed an nicer method of application. :)

Just purchased an NGT 50" brolly as i wanted one that wouldn't break the bank and also abit lighter than my current brolly system. £26 if it keeps the rain off my head happy days 👍

Other than my chair letting me down I had to repair modify it a little with the welder it’s mostly decent gear.
I’ve got to say I’m pretty impressed with the tackle pouches. I’ve got 4 of them now they are really good and so cheap.
Although I never really use them unless I get chance of an overnighter I keep the old alarms in one of them,
1F9742D2-DFC9-4540-BD63-50DD42FE17A6.jpeg

I’ve got a load of leads in another
587D7C11-882E-4E99-B7AC-43B5DB79ED33.jpeg

and feeders in another and my scales and weigh sling in one as well.
My tackle shop has loads of them at silly money
I bought a NGT gas canister cover as well. Was £5 and it’s got a pocket for your lighter.

I had the twin alarms with the sounder box, the sounder box stopped working after its second use
I’m not much of an alarm user at all. Mine haven’t been switched on for years but I still don’t think I’d go NGT for something like that where I’m depending on them 100% to feedback a run. It’s place for me is less critical items of tackle like the pouches and rod bands etc.

Back