• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NGT

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
I’m not entirely sure how long these guys have been on the go and I’m gonna be completely honest here I’ve often avoided it like the plague when tackle shopping for no other reason than it’s cheap and from experience cheap usually means buying twice.
As some of you know I took a punt and purchased the NGT light weight chair and after a few sessions did a review on here. It’s still been absolutely faultless so based on that I’ve changed my judgemental ways and started to buy a few NGT bits. I’ve given them all time on the bank and drawn to one simple conclusion. It’s an excellent product and I was absolutely wrong to avoid it. Over the last month I have bought a multi compartment clam shell bits box, 2 large tackle pouches with dividers, a Thermal Snood, 6 leads, some brolley pegs, a small cool bait bag and 4 sets of neoprene rod bands.

Total cost at £51.50p.
I can’t fault any of it, I’ve got lots of Fox and Korum stuff and although it’s been a short time with NGT so far it matches it. Time will tell and I may feel differently about it come summer but so far I’m a fan cos you get waaaaaaaaaaay for bang for your cash. If your avoiding it like I was then it’s worth trying.

I don’t work for NGT by the way. 🙂

Thanks for the recommendation, Richard. I'm one of those who rarely buys any new tackle/equipment/clothing unless it's unserviceable/broken/threadbare, but will look up NGT if I do. The snood sounds like a good idea though.

I've bought a few bits of theirs over the years, mainly for my overseas holiday fishing bags. Telescopic rods, weights, mackerel feathers etc. cheap as chips and perfectly serviceable for what I need. Like most brands there is some rubbish but overall it's half-decent stuff.

I’m not entirely sure how long these guys have been on the go and I’m gonna be completely honest here I’ve often avoided it like the plague when tackle shopping for no other reason than it’s cheap and from experience cheap usually means buying twice.
As some of you know I took a punt and purchased the NGT light weight chair and after a few sessions did a review on here. It’s still been absolutely faultless so based on that I’ve changed my judgemental ways and started to buy a few NGT bits. I’ve given them all time on the bank and drawn to one simple conclusion. It’s an excellent product and I was absolutely wrong to avoid it. Over the last month I have bought a multi compartment clam shell bits box, 2 large tackle pouches with dividers, a Thermal Snood, 6 leads, some brolley pegs, a small cool bait bag and 4 sets of neoprene rod bands.

Total cost at £51.50p.
I can’t fault any of it, I’ve got lots of Fox and Korum stuff and although it’s been a short time with NGT so far it matches it. Time will tell and I may feel differently about it come summer but so far I’m a fan cos you get waaaaaaaaaaay for bang for your cash. If your avoiding it like I was then it’s worth trying.

I don’t work for NGT by the way. 🙂

New Generation Tackle (NGT) been around a long time and I have bought lots of things Neoprene cover for my bivvy light half the price of other makes whe I wanted a monster size metal bivvy table for session fishing to cook on lots of things

one of my best buys from them are 2 zipped bait buckets I got sick of trying to remove those bloody plastic bucket lids !!!

I use them for tons of different things even as a tackle bag sometimes !
and they squash flat when not in use in their 3 rd year still like new I found buying on Ebay to get the cheapest rather than the re-seller NGT Direct

Quality kit proper prices made in same factory as Nash and Trekker etc but not got those high markups and the badge let's not forget the badge logo. Same goes for Cyprinus quality at a fraction of cost same factories just paying for that badge/logo.

Funnily enough, a few days before this post, I had a look through a box of bankrupt stock I was given for nothing - all NGT stuff, duplicates of hooks, pva refills, bags and string, pellet bands and a few ‘2 in 1 baiting tools’.

The pva mesh seems spot on, strong and the right amount of stretch. The marked price is low in comparison to the ESP stuff I normally use, and I now have enough to last me a lifetime!

I probably wouldn’t use the hooks for anything serious, but the little plastic boxes they come in are good for storing little bits, spare isotopes, etc.

The little clam shell boxes they do are great, and the bigger box that they came in stays in the van with the pike gear in it.

All in all, definitely a brand worth considering when replacing or buying kit. Much of it is comparable with the more expensive known brands, as others have stated. Usually comes with free postage if you have a hunt around on Amazon & eBay too.

Will definitely be having a look at those buckets and the tip & butt protectors.

Another vote for the tip and butt protectors,great value plus their weighing sling,ultra soft and again great value 👍👍

NGT camouflage leads in my local tackle shop at the moment at 1.1oz to 3oz sizes a quid a piece😊😊
197B6EA2-5D43-40C3-8963-0044F300B8FA.jpeg

Have used the 3 section screw threaded NGT landing net handle nice reach not to heavy and useful when having to going downstream a bit on a large river with a landing net handle that can fold to a short length when required , still like my Middy rock ard handle that is getting a bit worn now .

I too have some bits and bobs - rod sleeves, net floats, leads bag. All good quality, have lasted well and cost less than other brands. Wouldn't hesitate to look at NGT for other kit when I need it.

Back