• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NEW ! The grand fishing adventure

Trouble is that if the production is trying to broaden its appeal, a purely "silent", non-informative programme would be perfectly acceptable to most of us "barbel converts" but might well appear somewhat baffling (possibly even non-engaging🥱, heaven forfend!!) for other "non-believers!

The great thing about fishing is it can be whatever you want it to be. Within reason there are no rules.

Ali's style of fishing is very different to mine, but it's about what you enjoy doing.

I don't think he would ever claim to be an all-rounder, but he is very good at catching carp. He proved that as a snotty nosed kid on Redesmere. Probably wasn't easy for the young fat asian lad from Essex to stand his ground on the northern carp scene as it was then...but he did and more than held his own on one of the toughest waters in the country. Yes he's annoying, but if he turned his attention to barbel fishing he'd out catch many of the anglers on this forum.
He did another barbel video while ago, more like what most of us are doing.

Yes Joe he is good at catching Carp. Let's hope he sticks with that. As for him turning his attention to Barbel. He should do well, with the amount of free bait thrown at him. Fishing water, most of us can only dream of.
You are right though, he isn't where he is for nothing.
Would be interesting to see him catching Carp on a river though. In the UK.

He seems a nice bloke but I’m sure a lot of his TV success is off the back of the business acumen of Danny Fairbrass of Korda
I enjoyed the chemistry of Ali, Tom Dove Neil Spooner and no doubt they’re all first rate modern carp anglers and had good banter
Seen 10 minutes of one episode and plain bored so won’t bother any more
Plenty of interesting content on You Tube without enduring it
But Gavin is right In my book, would have to be 1000 Times worse to equal that complete tool- Robson Green
River carp- just watch Terry Hearn - brilliant angler and story teller

Haven't watched it, and unlikely to, but seems a bit odd though to watch a programme presented by Ali Hamidi and complain about carp tactics, buzzers etc. Bit like watching Top Gear and complaining about reckless driving.

Whilst Ali may be a bit of a cock, you don't catch fish on ultra-hard waters like Redesmere unless you know your onions.
Probably because he doesn’t use a mono hook length with a hair rigged pellet 🙄🙄

Back