• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NEW ! The grand fishing adventure

Monday October 17, 9:00pm - 10:00pmon ITV4

The Grand Fishing Adventure​

Series 1 Episode 3
Ali and Bobby head to Nottinghamshire to fish the River Trent for big barbel and have just 24 hours to succeed - Bobby has never even caught a barbel before, so can he break his duck? Ali then blindfolds Bob and drives him to a top-secret lake at a classified location - here they hope to catch some of the mysterious big carp that reside there. Two Michelin-starred chef Daniel is also smuggled into the venue, and he sets the lads a cooking competition to hopefully fuel them for further catches.

An extremely tired format and probably just a vehicle for this silly new company, without any ideas, that’s advertised in the breaks. Nothing Grand about it at all bar the self congratulatory comments. Its just too noisy and I worry that it actually counteracts all the good work done by many other genuinely good angling programmes.

Soon as i looked at the TV schedule, and seen the name Ali, i thought carp, carp, and even more carp. Far too much tech, dinghies, bait boats, alarms, sorry, not my cup of tea. But hey ho, each to their own.

Been watching more out of curiosity than anything else. I see where I’ve been going wrong all these years😉
I needed 10 rods a film crew, exclusive access and a Michelin star chef 🤣🤣🤣
I’ll keep watching see if I’ve missed anything🤣 come on it’s not that bad really 😉

I watched the latest episode on the bed with the hope that it will help me fall in asleep quicker and it didn't disappoint me.
Also, it is amazed how Ali can turn into every kind of fishing into modern carp fishing...does he know another method?

Been watching more out of curiosity than anything else. I see where I’ve been going wrong all these years😉
I needed 10 rods a film crew, exclusive access and a Michelin star chef 🤣🤣🤣
I’ll keep watching see if I’ve missed anything🤣 come on it’s not that bad really 😉
Tons of bait to attract the fish.

Back