• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Shimano LC's(Medium)

Jon Frisby

Senior Member & Supporter
Anybody had a look or a try of these. Looking for an upgrade for a couple of my Medium Trent rods currently using XTB's which are great bits of kit but I am a bit of a TART....

Jon,
when you inevitably find out;), please let me know.
As much as I like the Ultegra XTBs I'd prefer the rear baitrunner system.
I've had my eye on the new medium LCs since I got wind of them. Not had chance to see them in the flesh yet and I'm not in too much of a hurry as I just know I'll buy some!:eek:;)

Had a look and play with both the medium and Big ones in my local tackle shop, they both look excellent quality and feel great, I will be investing in three of the big ones for my carp rods :)

I have three of the big lc's for my carp fishing and they are an excellent reel. What price are the medium one's retailing at?

Chris, how did you do that with the link in your post? I only just spotted that:eek::eek::D

Hard to explain to be honest, but I'll try.
Click on the hyperlink insert button. Paste the link into the dialogue box.
Delete the highlighted text that then appears in your post and type whatever you want it to read.

Erics Angling Centre / Shimano Super Baitrunner Xtea / Fox Evolution Bedchair / Fox Warrior Es Elite, Leeds, UK

The above will become this.

If you try quoting this post in reply you'll see the difference between the two links that are exactly the same bar the displayed text.

Hard to explain to be honest, but I'll try.
Click on the hyperlink insert button. Paste the link into the dialogue box.
Delete the highlighted text that then appears in your post and type whatever you want it to read.

Erics Angling Centre / Shimano Super Baitrunner Xtea / Fox Evolution Bedchair / Fox Warrior Es Elite, Leeds, UK

The above will become this.

If you try quoting this post in reply you'll see the difference between the two links that are exactly the same bar the displayed text.

Ah, not all daft who slaver eh;) cheers mate

Got my self a pair the other day as a replacement for my long served Xtb's which will be used for my bream and Tench rods in the closed season. The medium LC's come with only one spool, however the Xtb's spool is a perfect fit, bonus.
At the moment they are very well balanced, 65gram heavier than the Xtb's, smooth as silk, very little wobble.

Time will tell

Pair of 2nd hand xtb's or 2 new medium lc's what a decision !!!!!!!!!!

Mini me has to use XTB's :)

Mine arrive tomorrow, get the braid on them and see what they are like on the tidal trent this weekend.

I think they will be a great seller, i only got the XTB's as i didn't want a "Carp reel" yet wanted something bigger than the standard 8000 baitrunner, had this reel and the XTB been out at the same time, it would have been the medium LC's everytime as i prefer the baitrunner style.

Mini me has to use XTB's :)

Mine arrive tomorrow, get the braid on them and see what they are like on the tidal trent this weekend.

I think they will be a great seller, i only got the XTB's as i didn't want a "Carp reel" yet wanted something bigger than the standard 8000 baitrunner, had this reel and the XTB been out at the same time, it would have been the medium LC's everytime as i prefer the baitrunner style.

you could always return them. Bought mine from tackle to fish in Sheffield £140 each.
Hoping to catch one 2 tomorrow

you could always return them. Bought mine from tackle to fish in Sheffield £140 each.
Hoping to catch one 2 tomorrow

Braid has been purchased, just wait for them to arrive tomorrow, get line on reels, sort a few bits out then almost ready to go.

Am sticking to my twig , cat gut and bent pin in fear of been called a copy cat or mini me :)

After buying 2 Bruce and Walker Hexagraphs from ebay last week, I really hope the Blank suits the new LC's.....:rolleyes: or they will just have to go back.

Back