• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Ross on Wye tackle shop

Adam Fisher has the know how in how to sell himself, but I I do hope the Wye Angling shop survives, already made up my mind to use him in the season coming.

Hi men ,

Yes Howard , the facebook thing where they perchashed a reel ( insert all items of tackle ) , any good ? does my head in , hence using a shop and building up a sort of relationship , and the ability to go in a waggle rods etc. My comment about using them or loosing them rings true , but I will also add , using the right ones as well , as I had a few disputes with people running shops that on the outside world would have got a stern talking to !

Hatter
Sadly I don't know too many shops that tolerate having a waggle and a chat, DJ Sports in Cirencester did way back when and I assume they still do. As an old retail sales bloke I would have a field day if let loose with all that gear, fishing tackle is all touchy feely and who could resist a new Barbel Rod with a sales guy hanging off the end of it? Most anglers love a chat and a brew, you don't get that on e.bay.

My local tackle shop is brilliant, a proper tackle shop with helpful and knowledgeable Angler’s running it. Sadly for me I can’t walk out front door without spending money :lol:

Didn't realise it was a dictatorship, it was a simple question:(

A backlink from a popular forum like this is seen as being quite valuable in terms of search engine optimisation.

Generally I don't remove links to other sites though in some cases where a link might be benefiting a business that I don't support, or competing with a business I do support, I'll remove the link. I obviously kept the address there so the thread still makes sense.

I hope that makes sense.

Didn't realise it was a dictatorship, it was a simple question:(

Keith
If someone started a site (22 years ago in fact); manages the site (with his team); funds the site; puts in a lot of effort to keep the site popular, now on third iteration of forum software - surely the word dictator is a bit OTT? :)

Andy

I intended no insult to anybody and apologise if it was interpreted that way.

I asked a simple question and did not expect a flippant "get back in your box" style answer which is how I took the reply from Paul.

Thanks for the full and precise answer to my original question and lets leave it there please.

Back