• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Ross on Wye tackle shop

That's not the new one.
Been in that shop for a number of years, I've been going in on my trips down to the Wye since 2009, good info, day tickets, and replenishing feeders!
OK Brian, it's just a new website, must admit I have never been in a Ross tackle shop, I stock up at Bankside Tewkesbury. Funny no info on the new Tackle Shop, perhaps someone will enlighten? Oh well at least I have given him the heads up..:D

New one opened on 1st May.

I love Wye angling. The one NS highlights.
The one run by Kevin. It would be a shame if he lost business and didn't survive another shop in what is a small area. He's not too marketing savay tbh. But a genuine nice bloke.
Vive la difference....

Surprised Monmouth or Ledbury was not the choice for another one .

Hi men ,

Its rare that i buy online now , as the few tackle shops in my area shut down , including Leslies of Luton !. So when Browns tackle opened in a town near me I made the decision to go there all the time . It gives you a chance to open stuff up , not making mistakes buying products that sound good through effective adverts , but only if you use them will they stay open ! . Its run by anglers who offer sound advice , which helped last year when i was trying rods out in the shop . The shop is part of a large established company which must help with a bit of security in a busy fishing area with a lot of diverse angling clubs in the area , so how two tackle shops in a little place like Ross will work is hard to see , and from the outside looking I hope there is enough trade for both to work , but I fear it may not .

Hatter

Agree with that Hatter and the fear you expressed about the possibility of there being some level of coexistence. Shifting generations wont help the shop’s cause either.

It still staggers me when I see posts on FB along the lines of “ I’ve just bought a thingy, any good?”. Unless they actually mean “I’ve just reversed my truck into some blokes garage and liberated pretty much all the fishing gear, 10 pairs of cameo underpants and a framed and signed photo of David Cassidy. I’m now desperate to sell the fishing gear”. That would make a bit more sense.

Hi men ,

Yes Howard , the facebook thing where they perchashed a reel ( insert all items of tackle ) , any good ? does my head in , hence using a shop and building up a sort of relationship , and the ability to go in a waggle rods etc. My comment about using them or loosing them rings true , but I will also add , using the right ones as well , as I had a few disputes with people running shops that on the outside world would have got a stern talking to !

Hatter

Back