• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New rods

That's it Steve the potential to snap tips...but at least they have in place a free replacement service. Grey's are synonymous with quality, but of course they manufacture Far East now, as do most companies, apart from Harrison.
I don't think even a Harrison rod would have stood much chance against one of my size 10 wellies.:rolleyes:

I have a pair of the Fox Duo-Lite twin tips and seriously thinking of dumping them for something better, the build quality of the handles is poor, both suffer from the reel seats rotating on the blank which is very annoying as the rods don't sit properly on rests as the reel weight goes off line. Also both have suffered breakages of the 1.75 tips and absolutely no response from Fox when enquring whether replacements are available for the model I have, they only list availability for the latest one. One tip is still usable as it only lost a couple of inches, the other broke off at the first ring down from the tip while playing a small barbel so not impressed with the quality of the blanks.

I don't think even a Harrison rod would have stood much chance against one of my size 10 wellies.:rolleyes:
Fair enough Steve, it's a horrible feeling to look down and see smashed carbon, but there have been reports of Prodigy's snapping with now obvious reason,not that I am 'dissing' them I am sure they do the job they are supposed to do.

I have a pair of the Fox Duo-Lite twin tips and seriously thinking of dumping them for something better, the build quality of the handles is poor, both suffer from the reel seats rotating on the blank which is very annoying as the rods don't sit properly on rests as the reel weight goes off line. Also both have suffered breakages of the 1.75 tips and absolutely no response from Fox when enquring whether replacements are available for the model I have, they only list availability for the latest one. One tip is still usable as it only lost a couple of inches, the other broke off at the first ring down from the tip while playing a small barbel so not impressed with the quality of the blanks.
I suppose like most things the build quality suffers in time, but the older Fox seem to not have the same problems, oh well back to square one...:)

For years I had the fox duo xs barbel rods and the build quality was excellent,sold them to a member on here due to upgrading.

Steve, Go and see Kev Baines at Anglers Worshop, no nonsense custom rods at a good price :)

Ive had a pair of original 1.75 Prodigies for about 10 years and they're still going strong. Absolutely love them, shortish handle, progressive action. Only criticism is the cork isn't the best quality. Also loved the original Daiwa Powermesh rods.

There's better and cheaper builders than Mark Tunley. Another vote for an off the shelf Infinity. Great rod.

I use korum xpect rods Paul and they are brilliant rods got 2 in 2lb and 2 1.75 which I just brought one on ebay for £35 last week . . I've got a pair of torriox but they not cheap

Back