• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New River Levels Website fishinginfo.co.uk launched by Angling Trust

Will Smith

FishingInfo.co.uk from the Angling Trust is a brand new mobile ready website built in partnership with the EA that allows you to search for fishing venues and EA river level gauges and then save them as favourites. When you save a favourite place you can add other info to that place like daily and five day weather from the Met Office, moonrise/set and sunrise/set. So this means you can have all this data in one place rather than having to have multiple websites open in browser tabs.

I've found that a very useful feature is that the river level graphs show a 5 day history so you can see how the current level and rise/drop relates to the previous 5 days levels. See screenshot below. Water temperature is recorded for those EA gauge stations that are equipped with thermometers.

The website has been built to work on all devices from phones to tablets and desktop PCs.

Have a look:
www.fishinginfo.co.uk

Last edited:
Brilliant another winner from the AT. Just checked the river Trent and Erewash levels for Colston Bassett in the Vale of Belvoir and it gave me the river levels. Problem is that Colston Bassett ain't no where near the Trent or Erewash infact there is no river in Colston Bassett at all.

Damn good dairy that makes stilton cheese though.

Regards,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

The search result for Colsten Basset returns the Environment Agency gauge station for the River Smite at Colsten Basset. The River Smite is in the Lower Trent and Erewash river catchment, hence that label. A similar example is that a search for Hennor shows the Environment Agency gauge station for the River Lugg at Butts Bridge which is in the Wye river catchment.

See screenshots below:

River Smite in Lower Trent and Erewash catchment
ColstenBassetSmite_zpsaead97d1.jpg

and River Lugg in Wye catchment
Hennor_zpsd08e0cd7.jpg

Great info.

Thanks Will.
This information is exactly what I have been looking for in regard to change in river levels. 48 hours is fine but a 5 day report is a superb, Thank you for the link.:D

Site looks fantastic !
Been trying to find a site with the all important "Water temperature is recorded for those EA gauge stations that are equipped with thermometers"
Cant find one ......????? or am I missing something ?
Dave

Site looks fantastic !
Been trying to find a site with the all important "Water temperature is recorded for those EA gauge stations that are equipped with thermometers"
Cant find one ......????? or am I missing something ?
Dave

Try this one Dave..Photo Page/2 Pictures

Don't suppose you were interested in avon temps though!:D

Edit,..I see your point Dave,..Knapp Mill monitors temperature but does'nt seem to register on the AT site.

Any comments Will?

Last edited:
Oops completely forgot about the Smite!! Sorry AT. And I used to fish the Smite in chub alley years ago as well. AND!! I've just checked my photo collection and have loads of photos of the Smite in flood and YES taken in Colston Bassett a few years ago.

Regards,

Lee.

Thanks very much for the link - just the job! I was going to the Wharfe on Thurs but the EA website put me off - this one shows why!

Attachments

• wharfe3.jpg
    wharfe3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 228
Can anyone explain this? As far as I know, Windsor and half the Home Counties are not under Noah like flood conditions yet this screen shot of Romney Lock appear to suggest otherwise, or is it me?

Romney.jpg

Im using windows xp pro, with internet explorer 8. when i click on the link, i get this message

"Sorry, your current browser doesn't support the latest HTML5 technology.
This site will not display correctly in your current browser version.
Please upgrade to the latest version."

tried to find an explorer update for xp, but no luck.

Last edited:
It looks like they may have fixed this glitch. I found a similar display for 3 Thames readings but today it looks like this (This is for Penton Hook) -

Romney2.jpg

Back