• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new record fish

Raymond Kent

will be interesting to see photo of the new record,not so secret now! fish from the trent,must be in the low twenties,so come on guys ,lets have a pre christmas guess,am going with 23!!

If there's no record, then it's not a record. Myths mean nothing 👀
Exactly Anthony it's an inner circle of underground prats that want to wind you and me and everyone up knowing Deep down the National Record will be from the one and only river and that's the Almighty Father Thames...End of..

Exactly Anthony it's an inner circle of underground prats that want to wind you and me and everyone up knowing Deep down the National Record will be from the one and only river and that's the Almighty Father Thames...End of..
The Thames isn’t the only river capable of throwing up 20’s and the last 2 claimed 20 records were from different rivers

I’d definitely say any of the Thames tributary rivers have potential aswell.
The lower Lea definitely has potential to put out a big 20

The Nene has done fish to almost 20…. There’s no reason in a couple years when this generation of fish coming through start to really bulk out, that there isn’t a record holder between them.

I think there’s definitely a good chance the next record will be a Thames fish but I wouldn’t say it was guaranteed.

Given the mild winter we are having I might suggest a new claimed record could come from anywhere that has a recent record of producing large fish, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it get broken multiple times in the next few months.

Last edited:
Given the mild winter we are having I might suggest a new claimed record could come from anywhere that has a recent record of producing large fish, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it get broken multiple times in the next few months.
Absolutely..I just don't get it when a fish over the record weight don't get claimed.

Back