• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New PB!

Howard Cooke

Just picked up 52 tins of garlic spam from a B&M store in Basingstoke. Previous best was 14 from Tescos about a year ago. So chuffed.

Get in!

Ok, here is photographic evidence. It's not the best photo but I was beside myself with excitement. You can see from the special markings that the spam was garlic flavoured and it was 51 tins and not 52. But still a PB. It still needs to be verified and Sharon (who witnessed and processed the monster purchase) will need to be interviewed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 285
I'm sorry to say this Howard but you've made a schoolboy error in allowing the receipt to become crumpled (tut tut) and unfortunately this will lead many a keyboard warrior to take to the internet and question the veracity of your purchase. You've also named the venue which won't go down well with the locals...

Get your tin hat on and stay well clear of Facebook for a week or two.....

Rats! That's just beaten my recent "catch" (or should it be cache?!) of 46 tins I bagged over two "sessions" at my local "stretch" of B & M as few weeks back!

Looks they're quite prevalent along many "tributaries" of the B & M source. I 'm tempted to get back there again soon as I saw a decent shoal of them still holed up on the "shelf" when I passed thru' a day or so ago. Best attractant for them appears to be bagged-up groups £1 coins!

Happy shopping (er-fishing!) folk

Roger

Well done Howard.You're the man.Easily beats my pb of 3 trays of Stinky French Garlic from Nettos 4 or 5 years ago.You must be buzzing.

Pete.

Many congrats Howard on the catch and the PB cant see you beating that for a while.....:)

best thread ive seen on here for ages. pity i cant join in as my PB stands at a meager 18 bacon grills which are definatly a larger stamp of tin i mean fish but still no comparison with howards haul.

Well done Howard Cooke d Spam.

With the Wye as it is at the moment and belting through you'll need to leave it in the tin to use it.

You will now find out you have more pals than you knew..

Howard,
Have you retained your PB with plans to have it stuffed and mounted, or did you return it so others may attempt to emulate you success?
Mike

My PB, along with other notable captures during the same session (basically a drive around Berkshire/Hampshire) has put me into the 100+ tins group. They remain in the boot of the car, waiting to be transported to the shed. But conditions need to be spot on for that-Dark and/or wife out shopping.

We can't compete with the 'southern' syndicates as conditions in the 'North' are rarely conducive to a big catch. Stocking levels are always lower and competition for the few that are there remains high. Still, it'll keep me happy for a while... ;)

Back