• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Fishery Listed

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Welcome to our latest advertiser Dawley Estates on the River Wye who have a new listing with us in our Barbel Directory:

Cheers,

Andy

I hope they do well. We are so lucky to have access to the Wye in quiet places like this and in other places aswell. In the past it would have been for salmon fishing only.

If I lived locally and intended to fish at least several times a week through the season and it was good fishing (I have no idea if it is or not) and a nice peaceful and scenic place to fish with not many other anglers then I'd consider paying £900, effectively £25 a week during the coarse season. But after paying £900 to join the syndicate, it would nark me to have to then go through the process of booking every time I wanted to fish. And I wouldn't necessarily want other syndicate members to know when I'm fishing. But maybe that's just me?

Hi all,

Welcome to our latest advertiser Dawley Estates on the River Wye who have a new listing with us in our Barbel Directory:

Cheers,

Andy
Just for the record, you can fish virtually the whole of the opposite bank and a bit lower down the same bank with W and U foundation for 25 quid a day, for those that don't know.

You could also buy a £100 ticket for half the season (summer ticket) for access to four other reaches near Ross on Wye from Fishers in Ross.

Deleted, as believed the Creel was being noted as opposite the new Fishery ( Well Lyn Cobley old bit)

Last edited:
Just for the record, you can fish virtually the whole of the opposite bank and a bit lower down the same bank with W and U foundation for 25 quid a day, for those that don't know.

Thanks John, but that's no good to me if I wanted to fish there more than 36 times in a season.

Yes about £130 for my HDAA, Ross, BAA Membership.
About 8 stretches. OAP rates.

And possibly an additional one being added to HDAA

Yes about £130 for my HDAA, Ross, BAA Membership.
About 8 stretches. OAP rates.

And possibly an additional one being added to HDAA
I'm in W.A.S, also do a few W&U, just started on the middle and tidal trent, there's some nice quiet country up there, it ain't all circus, not yet anyway.

Pretty sure Pete Drennan and Martin Bowler recently did a piece recently from the concrete swim there. Had a notion the Pete D owned the fishing rights. The subject was on vained floats for Barbel.😒

Back