• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New book 'Reflections'.

Chris Turnbull

It feels like it has taken me a lifetime to put it together but finally I have a new book finished and at the printers in preparation for publication next month. Entitled 'Reflections - Highlights From An Angling Life' the book is pretty much what it says on the cover, being a collection of chapters that detail some of my favourite fishing stories from my angling life. Being that I have only had one angling life to pick the highlights from, some of these stories have been told before in one shape or another, though all have been rewritten, while others have never been told before. The book is heavily illustrated throughout with over 20 full-colour paintings and 50 B&W ink drawings along with lots of photographs. Amongst chapters covering adventures with tench, pike, bream, carp, grayling, bass and crucians, etc. there are several chapters covering some of my catches of Wensum barbel. Below is a link for any BFW members that may be interested in having a closer peep at the book, and as it is only available directly from the publisher by mail-order, this link also provides the path to order copies.

http://www.harperanglingbooks.co.uk/reflections.html

We will be having a book launch from 12 noon, Saturday, 28th May at The Lands End, Twyford, Reading, Berkshire, RG10 0UE and Paul Cooke will be launching his first book 'Lost In A Quiet World' at the same event. The original artwork and prints from both books will also be on display and for sale at the book launch. All BFW members are invited.

We will also be donating a copy of the book to the BFW Charity fish-in in July.

Thanks Rich. I've just been asked to do a bit on Talk Sport with Nigel Botherway at 7.30 on Sunday morning so if any insomniacs out there who aren't fishing want to tune in, I'll do my best to entertain them.

Great stuff I am an avid reader of all stuff fishing, so count me in, and the very best of luck with the book.

Eeyi, eeyi, eeyi-o, up the football league we go!!!!

But thanks mostly to Ipswich, I'd say Neil. Anyway don't worry, I'll bring it back on track later.

Thanks Nick, after working solidly on the book for two years, I also can't wait for it to come out.

Good luck with it Chris - I know how much hard work goes in to writing books, and you can count on me to be ordering a copy.

All the very best with it, I'm thoroughly looking forward to this one.

cheers

Jon

Yep well done you had a great run in to the season, no small thanks to Bristol City who gifted you a win at Carrow Road though:)

<Poor Cardiff>:D:D:D:D

Way off tracks now, but it is your thread so that's OK:)

Norwich arent the only team we have gifted wins to Neil.

Just hope Crapdiff dont get promoted when QPR get their points deduction!

It feels like it has taken me a lifetime to put it together but finally I have a new book finished and at the printers in preparation for publication next month. Entitled 'Reflections - Highlights From An Angling Life' the book is pretty much what it says on the cover, being a collection of chapters that detail some of my favourite fishing stories from my angling life. Being that I have only had one angling life to pick the highlights from, some of these stories have been told before in one shape or another, though all have been rewritten, while others have never been told before. The book is heavily illustrated throughout with over 20 full-colour paintings and 50 B&W ink drawings along with lots of photographs. Amongst chapters covering adventures with tench, pike, bream, carp, grayling, bass and crucians, etc. there are several chapters covering some of my catches of Wensum barbel. Below is a link for any BFW members that may be interested in having a closer peep at the book, and as it is only available directly from the publisher by mail-order, this link also provides the path to order copies.

http://www.harperanglingbooks.co.uk/reflections.html

We will be having a book launch from 12 noon, Saturday, 28th May at The Lands End, Twyford, Reading, Berkshire, RG10 0UE and Paul Cooke will be launching his first book 'Lost In A Quiet World' at the same event. The original artwork and prints from both books will also be on display and for sale at the book launch. All BFW members are invited.

We will also be donating a copy of the book to the BFW Charity fish-in in July.

Thats on the birthday wish list!

Lovely pictures Chris, cant wait to read the book. Well done and best of luck!

So Chris now that you've finished the book, does that mean you can start writing some more articles for CAT? Its been lacking anything of substance for quite a while IMO

So Chris now that you've finished the book, does that mean you can start writing some more articles for CAT? Its been lacking anything of substance for quite a while IMO

Maybe occasionally, Nick, when I have something new to write about. I'm stuck into doing lots of fish paintings right now though. I just finished a painting for the forthcoming Perchfisher's book and have loads of other paintings in my head that want to come out. Next in line is a mahseer but before I get stuck into that there is some serious tench fishing I need to do, as a new PB is on the cards. After that Steve Harper and I have a couple of other book publishing ideas to get stuck into, but they are on the official secrets list for the time being!

After that Steve Harper and I have a couple of other book publishing ideas to get stuck into, but they are on the official secrets list for the time being!

Bl**dy secret squirrels :D

Know what you mean about the tenching, I meant to start my campaign a couple of weeks ago! Best laid plans and all that....

Chris

Many thanks for agreeing to do the book launch in a pub half a mile from my house. I have reserved my copy and can't wait to pick it up.

Steve

Chris

Many thanks for agreeing to do the book launch in a pub half a mile from my house. I have reserved my copy and can't wait to pick it up.

Steve

Excellent stuff, Steve. I'm hoping it will be a nice social day. It seems like a fair few folk are going to turn up.

Back