• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muckboots Tay or Taysports

Like my Tay sports too, I also have some Muck Boot Avon's but the Tay sports are what I wear all the time. They were fine in the winter snow last season, they have been fine all summer and I've done some fair old yomps in them of late.

Conrad

i bought my muckboots tay last year, they are the best boots ive worn, i would wear them all yr round, summer, winter. keep my feet lovely and warm in winter.

It must not get cold in tewksebury neil cos dunlops and thermal socks will see your toes dropping off after 5 winter hours up here. My new muckboot avons are doing well and are tested to well below zero temps - bring on the snow and frost. The hiking boot type sole means they have been as steady as a rock on slippery and steep riverbanks. My guy at the country store said the tays were hopeless on wet sloping grass so I didn't risk it at those prices. Most reports on the boots seemed to be by dogwalkers rather than fishermen -so sole not too important to them.

Last edited:
With the muckboots do you need to order your normal shoe size or go up a size?

I bought a pair of size 11s which is my normal size - perfect fit.

Steve
i always get a size up on boots and waders, otherwise, i struggle try to get them off.
ever seen a angler hoping on one foot by the car...lol

Last edited:
I have the ordinary Tays and went for a size up as my normal size seemed a little tight. But I find them a bit too loose when walking so I may have been better off with the smaller pair. Although it won't be as bad in the cold weather as I have some very thick socks.

Back