• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muckboots Tay or Taysports

Stuart Brookes

I've decided to treat myself to a piar of muckboots with the cold weather rapidly approaching. I can't decide between the Tay or the Taysports, I know the Taysports are the warmer welleis of the two but just wondered if theyt were too warm. Spoke to a few guys I know locally who own the Tays but they tend to use them when pheasant beating and are moving about all day were as I will be sat down for long periods.

Stuart
I have the Derwents and they are great ,never cold last winter even with a foot of snow,but I would go for the Tays next time for a better grip.
Got mine from a shop in Easingwold not that far from you and they let you try them on and still buy at internet prices.Think they were wellies.co.uk or summit like that
Ken

Have had a pair of Tays since last summer and used them all through winter. Just put more socks on and didn't really have too much trouble. On the coldest of days it can creep in a little bit but I feel that if I had got the Tay sport that I wouldnt be able to use them on the milder days. I believe the Tays to be a much more all round boot and it can cope all year round. Will be using mine again soon. You won't regret buying muckers. Very good quality boots, and the tays have great grip for the riverbank aswell. They are so good I ended up getting the Humber model for work and both have been great purchases and paid themselves back many a time.

Hi Stuart,
i have a pair of Derwent and a pair of Tay Sports, i found that the soles on my Derwents wear out rather quickly, i wrote to Mucks but i got no reply, my Tay sports are very good, they are slightly higher in the leg, and for me, they are not too hot, as a bailiff on Throop Fishery i do a lot of walking and find theses boots very comfortable and well worth the extra money.
Brian

Thanks for the replies guys, the reason I was going for the Tays as they seen to have the best grip in the muckboot tange and I can also use them for walking my dog every morning in the woods at the back of my house.

I have Tay sports and rate them highly, they seem to wick away any sweat very effectively. I can only recall one occasion when I got too hot and frankly shorts and sandals would have been a better bet that day.

I have some Taysports, for anything other than sitting still and not moving they are the dogs........... anymore and my feet get rathe hot.

I have the Tay and they are spot on, if i need a little more heat then i sling some thermal socks on with em.

shop about for them thats my best advice . Had mine for 3 years and caught fault them apart from the grip on muddy banks

I have the muckboots arctic extreme and they are awesome.
Very comfortable and warm, for the summer months I just use walking boots and yetigaiters

I use Grubs Stalker wellies the most, even in the winter. They have a vibram sole, shaped in such away that it sheds the mud, and through this gives excellent grip all the time. Very similar to Tays, but a far better grip.

I know it don't help but i just got some from a dealer for a friend @ £45. don't think i could ask again as he would know i was passing them on to others and screw my chances of a good deal later on.

But it does show that the price can move quite alot if you have the balls to bargain with them!!

I posted earlier that i had Tay Sports, in fact i got it wrong, mine are Spey Sports, they are expensive at £90 a pair, but they do a great job.
Brian

Back