• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Moon Phases app

I think if you’ve got something to tell you easily what phases are currently happening the rest you can work out with research and other’s experience.
Personally I wouldn’t pick my fishing trips based on moon phase. I’m not saying it doesn’t have an effect but I don’t believe it’s big enough to start planning trips around it. If the weather and water temperature are looking good I’m not really too worried about what the moon is doing, I’ll go fishing
Same here tbh

Might be interesting to retrospectively look at personal captures of all doubles and the moon phases on the dates they were caught, my hunch is there would be some standout phases amongst the tally.

That's assuming people log captures....?

Maybe something for the close season..

Might be interesting to retrospectively look at personal captures of all doubles and the moon phases on the dates they were caught, my hunch is there would be some standout phases amongst the tally.

That's assuming people log captures....?

Maybe something for the close season..
Darren
I have logged captures since a kid:rolleyes:.
All my big barbel except my PB!, were all caught on an new moon or within a week either way.
During several seasons on the kennet between 2008 and 2014; I would catch a good fish at the start of the dying moon and then catch again exactly a fortnight after. A week either side of the full moon very rarely produced a touch. This was all daylight fishing, so not sure what the results would be for after dark.
Interestingly, since 2017 when the numbers of fish I caught dramatically reduced on the river; apart from the month of December when I caught my PB and three other fish on two Saturday trips of three hours on a full moon into waning ; it was a impossible to see a formula to follow, as I was catching so few barbel😟.

Back