• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Milk proteins

WOW :oops:, at the recent fish-in, i tried all sorts of different boilies/pellets/meat etc, but the only bite i had over the 2 days ( which was hooked and lost to a snag ) was on 2 grains of sweetcorn. Just goes to show, the yellow stuff is as good as anything.

Cheers lads. It’s been difficult with the amount of crap coming down, was using 14oz’s of lead last night! And even then would only hold for 15/20 minutes! On top of that we’ve had discharge coming down like I’ve never seen before and the other night I had a 13lber resting in the net whilst I was sorting a new rig out. Heard a big bosh right behind me , I’ve turned and a massive otter has popped up no more than 6ft from my net. So I’ve whacked the high beam on whilst shouting and waving at it, it’s dived down and popped up again mid river staring right at me whilst making a hissing sound. I couldn’t not believe what had just happened… The cheek of it! Just glad the fish was ok and thought the swims gonna be a write off but went back the next night and had one. So hopefully the otter didn’t come back up stream!

Cheers lads. It’s been difficult with the amount of crap coming down, was using 14oz’s of lead last night! And even then would only hold for 15/20 minutes! On top of that we’ve had discharge coming down like I’ve never seen before and the other night I had a 13lber resting in the net whilst I was sorting a new rig out. Heard a big bosh right behind me , I’ve turned and a massive otter has popped up no more than 6ft from my net. So I’ve whacked the high beam on whilst shouting and waving at it, it’s dived down and popped up again mid river staring right at me whilst making a hissing sound. I couldn’t not believe what had just happened… The cheek of it! Just glad the fish was ok and thought the swims gonna be a write off but went back the next night and had one. So hopefully the otter didn’t come back up stream!

They can be proper aggressive can't they, first time that happened to me (minus the barbel in the net) I could not believe it.

Back