• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mainline Cell

I'm really interested to see the response to this. It's a bait I've considered using...I'd love to know what the protein source is.

It's been phenomenally successful for carp for well over a decade now. I'm I read that it accounts for about two-thirds of all Mainlines sales.

I think your find it’s the brocacel yeast that makes it what it is I can’t be for sure but think that’s what makes the best base of the cell.

If you want a good value bait next day delivery by DPD nearly spot on every damn time handcraft the herb is a very good bait all I use across all my fishing now when looking for a bollie. A squid is coming with I think will be awesome.
The salty squid?

so it is, I’ve never caught barbel on it but used to carp put mainly because it was dominated by it.

Cell is the only bait I use in winter for Carp. Smells like Coconut to me. I don't know why I've never tried it for Barbel or Chub. Got to be worth a try.

I tried it on one rod on the tidal trent . The other rod had different boilie on . I had one barbel on the cell and nine on the other ! I have always believed beforehand that flavour didn't matter. :D
:D

Had my Annual Barbel Week in September with 6 mates. One did particularly well and only on the last day did he fess up...he was using Mainline Cell which he uses for his carp fishing.
As the saying goes..." with mates like that etc.."
We've only just started talking to him again 🤣

Barbel are like Carp and will eat anything !!!

and Cell is no exception I have caught Barbel on Cell

The herb is absolutely smashing it on my carp syndicate water and some of the lads there are doing realy well on it for barbel. And as Daniel said gav is a top bloke and he knows his stuff 👌

Had some autumn/winter Loddon barbel on cell paste a few seasons back, worked well straight away.

Not quite sure why I stopped using it...

Back