• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Magic meat at Tesco

Now I am really peed off. Went into local Sainsburys, looked on the shelf....and lo and behold, there they were.... was lot's of little 200g tins of garlic spam :) Sadly, not only were they the tins that didn't have the 25% extra contents, but they also wanted £1.49 for them :mad: Call me tight if you like, but I'll be damned if I am paying nearly 50% more for a tin containing 25% less.

Hey ho, keep on searching :D

Cheers, Dave.

Bought 8 small tins at £1 ea from Tesco today, which made them cheaper than the 75 ones.
Do you look at the price per kg Dave, when you shop, do you actually shop?:p

Bought 8 small tins at £1 ea from Tesco today, which made them cheaper than the 75 ones.
Do you look at the price per kg Dave, when you shop, do you actually shop?:p

Gawd help us Neil, what on earth is all that twaddle about? The original tins on 'special' at Tesco's were the small ones (200g) but some had 25% extra contents (therefore 250g) and were going for £1, instead of the original £1.59.

The original large size is 340g, and is not on special offer, and they are not doing that size with garlic at the moment. So what on earth is a '75 one'....and as ever, what the 'eck are you talking about?

And yes, I do ALL the shopping and ALL the cooking in our house...and I don't EVER eat or cook Spam. OK?

Cheers, Dave :D

Gawd help us Neil, what on earth is all that twaddle about? The original tins on 'special' at Tesco's were the small ones (200g) but some had 25% extra contents (therefore 250g) and were going for £1, instead of the original £1.59.

The original large size is 340g, and is not on special offer, and they are not doing that size with garlic at the moment. So what on earth is a '75 one'....and as ever, what the 'eck are you talking about?

And yes, I do ALL the shopping and ALL the cooking in our house...and I don't EVER eat or cook Spam. OK?

Cheers, Dave :D

Blimey Dave the price hike really ****ed you off...just buy it you old skinflint:p
Perhaps you should find time for a spot of fishing? If you can find the time from scrutinising every post on here, and all that shopping and cooking,

Last edited:
spam75yearsold.png

Special cans for 75 years of Spam Dave.

My local Tesco has the small garlic tins but cannot sell them because
the writting is in Russian.

Micky

Blimey Dave the price hike really ****ed you off...just buy it you old skinflint:p
Perhaps you should find time for a spot of fishing? If you can find the time from scrutinising every post on here, and all that shopping and cooking,

Neil, I think if you look back you will find that my search for garlic spam is a standing joke between Jim Foxall and myself...it is not meant to be taken seriously. What I was slightly miffed at was you once again jumping in and having a little dig at me for no good reason, by means of some difficult to understand sarcasm....I still haven't fully understood exactly what it was you were trying to say, to be honest.

Whatever Neil, it's only fishing, and I certainly don't want to upset you or anyone else over such mundane matters. if I have misunderstood your meaning on this (and other) occasions, I apologise.

However, I rather think the sarcasm in your reply above is MUCH easier to understand...and I really don't think you should belittle folk for doing their part, especially when you have no way of knowing the reasons behind their actions.

As I say....whatever Neil, I shall try not to lose any sleep over it.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
spam75yearsold.png

Special cans for 75 years of Spam Dave.

My local Tesco has the small garlic tins but cannot sell them because
the writting is in Russian.

Micky

Ahhh...I hadn't seen or heard of that type Micky...apologise to Neil on that bit :D

Russian :eek: Blimey Micky, buy 'em up, they might have added vodka...that should work a treat in cold weather :D

Cheers, Dave.

Neil, I think if you look back you will find that my search for garlic spam is a standing joke between Jim Foxall and myself...it is not meant to be taken seriously. What I was slightly miffed at was you once again jumping in and having a little dig at me for no good reason, by means of some difficult to understand sarcasm....I still haven't fully understood exactly what it was you were trying to say, to be honest.

Whatever Neil, it's only fishing, and I certainly don't want to upset you or anyone else over such mundane matters. if I have misunderstood your meaning on this (and other) occasions, I apologise.

However, I rather think the sarcasm in your reply above is MUCH easier to understand...and I really don't think you should belittle folk for doing their part, especially when you have no way of knowing the reasons behind their actions.

It was an attempt at a light hearted reply by me Dave, I am a Bristolian, we have a sense of humour that is very different to the Home Counties I suspect.
Gawd blimey talk about molehills and mountains:rolleyes:

Back