• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Long sessions - your tips for...avoiding mother nature

5 pages.......full of faeces removal related post!!!

Thank fxxx the season opens tonight!

I'm continually baffled by people that make this sort of complaint. I've just checked but it does seem, as I suspected, there is no law requiring any member on this forum to read every thread or post. There isn't actually a law requiring any person to be a member, or indeed visit.

I hope that it hasn't taken you all 5 pages of posts to finally realise the nature of the thread and the OP's original question. I thought it was fairly clear from the title.

Perhaps one day, when you are on the bank netting a monster fish and your bowls uncontrollably open at the sight of what is obviously a river record, you may be grateful that this subject has been covered in such depth giving you a range of disposal options.

I'm continually baffled by people that make this sort of complaint. I've just checked but it does seem, as I suspected, there is no law requiring any member on this forum to read every thread or post. There isn't actually a law requiring any person to be a member, or indeed visit.

I hope that it hasn't taken you all 5 pages of posts to finally realise the nature of the thread and the OP's original question. I thought it was fairly clear from the title.

Perhaps one day, when you are on the bank netting a monster fish and your bowls uncontrollably open at the sight of what is obviously a river record, you may be grateful that this subject has been covered in such depth giving you a range of disposal options.

Lighten up you muppet it was said tongue in cheek!

I have enjoyed the banter, thank you, and a large element of it was to be expected from the subject matter (which WAS/IS a genuine question), but there have equally been lots of really good tips and suggestions, so thanks for those too.

Happy new season everyone!

Don't do it in the bush, its disgusting. Take a bucket and black bag, do your job, tie the bag, twist it and tie it again. Dispose of when you get home. Better than stomach cramps and tearing your ring when it is finally time to part company.
There's a phantom pooper on the venue I bailiff at the minute and it's really unpleasant to see his offerings in the bushes by the water.

Indeed, Dan. I had the misfortune to drive round the back of the lake last week, with the intention of fishing that swim, only to find some dirty sod had decided to push one out right at the back of the swim. Thing is, whoever this ar5ehole is, he (or, in the unlikely event she) has not even chosen somewhere discrete. Quite honestly, this weirdo must have been there, underoids down, potentially in full view of any of the numerous dog walkers that can suddenly appear at either end of the lake onto that path. Given that there's no night fishing, chances are this was in broad day light. Not only horendously disgusting but borderline noncey weirdness, quite honestly.

They left another package on the corner by the causeway access too, far from discreet. We're all keeping a watchful eye and I'm relishing the chance to present him his torn up membership book to use as loo roll at home.

A 10ltr bait bucket with a perfect fit peddle bin liner inside works a treat for me. Surprisingly comfy. Mozzi front on my brolly gives enough privacy. Double bag it, along with any other rubbish at the end of the session and straight in the bin as I leave the fishery.

Wet wipes and antibacterial gel are also in my kit I carry. Got to have clean hands before you eat or drive home.

Dan,

Part of me wonders if the phantom turd layer is actually an angler or not. Given that they're doing this in an area that, as an angler, they are likely to be returning to to fish, then I'm guessing that most anglers would be repulsed at having to return to a swim a few days later, even if it were their own mess they'd be sat near. At least I can't think of any of the regulars that I know who'd do such a thing.

Possibly could be anglers who never fish those two lakes coming up from some of the other pits to avoid doing what is commonly advised you should never do on your own door step, but even this seems unlikely.

I generally take a poo kit, which consists of fragranted nappy sacks, a heavy duty freezer bag and wet wipes and antibacterial gel. Do the deed seal it all up and stash under your car until you leave and dispose in a dog mess bin.

Can't believe there's a post on how to dump ffs, come on guy get a grip it's a fishing site

I quite agree Steve. Surely anglers are like the Queen...we don't do such obnoxious things...and even if we did, it wouldn't stink, and we certainly wouldn't discuss it. Whatever next I ask? We really need to get back to hugely interesting 'what bank stick' threads, which are invariably laced with humour and stunning in their gripping nature and fierce intensity.

Mind you, this thread may have had it's day now, 'cos the river season is upon us.... but fun while it served it's purpose :D

Cheers, Dave.

I really don't want to know what other people do with a bag of there own ****, especially when I'm about to eat my tea . It's Common sence on the bank chaps, and keep it to yourselves please , no more crapper threads , get Fishing.

I really don't want to know what other people do with a bag of there own ****, especially when I'm about to eat my tea ������. It's Common sence on the bank chaps, and keep it to yourselves please , no more crapper threads , get Fishing.
mardy arse

Back