• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Long sessions - your tips for...avoiding mother nature

Dog waste bag , squeeze her in , quick wipe with a dock leaf ,tie her up ,swish your hands in the river , then hang said bag on barbed wire fence like all the dog owners seem to do round these parts :mad:Who they think collects it all is beyond me.....

Toilet wipes are the future! Forget toilet roll. £1 for 40 flushable ones (yes I know you won't need this characteristic) at Tesco. Squeaky clean every time. However, I did the eco friendly bit of tying it in a plastic bag on a two-nighter when carp fishing. Black bin bags are waterproof but the gas still escapes and it stinks the bivvy out and the car on the way home! You have been warned....

I've never had much luck trying to burn wet wipes so good old fashioned sh1thouse paper serves me well. The stuff with aloe vera if I'm feeling flush (no pun intended).

Dr Weils hand sanitiser a must for all fishing trips.

This reminds me of a thread from yonks ago on the Cemex site.

Angler eats a curry.
Hours later he get deli belly.
Goes into bush with trowel and toilet roll.
After numerous visits he runs out of toilet paper.
Last seen returning from bush with no pockets or sleeves on his shirt. ;)

Bagging it up and taking it home has got to be the way to go. In the depths of winter this has the advantage of providing you with a convenient handwarmer for half an hour at least. Just remember to take it out of your jacket pocket when you get home.

Steve

Force a s***e to get rid of the turtles head before leaving home, then 4 Imodium on route :eek: Jobs a goodun' :D

Having honed my session skills with carping , I have a poo bucket - it's a tall one with a roll top and exactly the same as my bait bucket so I can slip one inside the other so no extra space taken up
All you need is swing bin liners, a kitchen roll,some toilet roll and some Andrew wipes
Put a bin liner in empty bucket , line with kitchen roll for soaking duties, zip down your bivvy door and go
Once done and ring piece nicely polished with said Andrew wipes
Bag it and bin it

dave been there did that after using lake water for coffee at tri lakes in yorkshire:D:D sat in a bush most of the 3 days there, yep, came back with no hankis, no boxer and no t shirts:D:D:D:D
oh and dock leaves dont work they just spread it round ter backsides a bit,
nah that bucket and bag works fine especially on busy waters with public alking around, as said nip in the bivvy or pull the cmou netting over the brolly and job done but who on earth would be daft enuff to leave the bag inside their bivvy lol:eek::eek::eek::eek: hang em on a fence or under a bush but take the stuff with you when leaving:eek:

Back