• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lockdown watching

Wow that was a good watch. Amazing what waters hold in the uk. I've heard of the reservoir but never that river/ steam. Assuming the carp got into there from the reservoirs? Big effort to get there and go fishing. Full commitment and great results. Not sure it's be sharing that might well be keeping it under my hat if it was me!
Wouldn't worry about the Coppermill stream being "outed". As far as I could tell those fish might have come out near the coppermill but not from it, unless there's bits I've never seen in 45 yrs visiting the reservoirs.

Wouldn't worry about the Coppermill stream being "outed". As far as I could tell those fish might have come out near the coppermill but not from it, unless there's bits I've never seen in 45 yrs visiting the reservoirs.

The stretches he catches from are on either side of the main road right by the office

I was really surprised to see him catch from the bit next to the pub. It’s crystal clear, shallow and has hardly any cover.

Last edited:
The Brecon Beacons, Episode 2

I'm a big fan of Iolo Wiiliams and whilst he is a talented broadcaster and top naturalist, he's an even better public speaker.

Its well worth watching him lay into the politicians and civil servants at the State of Nature launch of 2013. The suits invited him along to speak, probably hoping he was going to pat them on the back and 'say the right things' instead he launched into a 15-minute masterpiece of oratory during which he slated them for the state of the rivers and countryside of Wales and publicly shamed them. We need more like him.

PS - the Welsh stops after 30 seconds!

I'm a big fan of Iolo Wiiliams and whilst he is a talented broadcaster and top naturalist, he's an even better public speaker.

Its well worth watching him lay into the politicians and civil servants at the State of Nature launch of 2013. The suits invited him along to speak, probably hoping he was going to pat them on the back and 'say the right things' instead he launched into a 15-minute masterpiece of oratory during which he slated them for the state of the rivers and countryside of Wales and publicly shamed them. We need more like him.

PS - the Welsh stops after 30 seconds!

Always enjoy watching him, has a deep understanding of nature and a great orator.

Just wondering if anyone has got a copy of the TV program South of Watford from the 1980's the one with Lee Jackson, Gerry Savage and a few others fishing Walthamstow reservoir's.
Just seeing your comment reminded me that my first ever carp rod was a Gerry Savage Marco that's sitting in my garage. My uncle bought it for me about 45 years ago. My uncle regularly fished Walthamstow Reservoirs.

Back