• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lockdown watching

Hi men ,

I was looking at the Thames , and it's a hard place to start blind . Then Nick then Tells boat adventures came out and it's got me written all over it . But , the cost of a boat on there is great , and im not going to tow one , so it might be bank fishing , but that could be busy now .

Hatter

I think you’re right, that particular club stretch is going to be very busy now! As the video illustrates though, they are constantly moving up and down through the locks and travelling great distances too, so just pick a slightly quieter stretch somewhere and have confidence that there will be some crackers not too far away!

Hi men ,
Stuart I will have a wander around , sort of got my timing wrong eh ? , As I was looking for a Thames dabble then Nick's fish came out , then the 2 videos 😀 , ah well .

Hatter

mooring fees with a SECURE mooring stopped me from going down that route years ago

Really enjoyed it. Old Home turf.

Always knew he was a celebrated carp angler, but never realised how enjoyable his style of delivery was.

Wondered if he ever had any decent barbel. The bream, as he says, could be a nightmare when after them.

Mark thanks that was awesome. Pickled up carp gear today off my mate, plus a bed chair arrived. Im going all Terry hearn it would seem 😆
I watched both The Lady Pearl and Eleven Years Afloat and found myself looking at the price of boats on EBay! It’s just as well I have nowhere to store one, or afford secure mooring fees, or my bank balance might have taken a big hit, and next season, if it ever comes, would be looking substantially different.

Richard not just me that's impulsive then! ;)😆 I've not seen the 11 years afloat so might yet be in that boat (excuse the pun!). I live on the north Devon coast and picked a kayak to get bass fishing off this season. My equivalent to the rivers but not been able to go out yet. Really looking forward to the potential it can offer

Thanks Hatter, that bought back some memories.

As a schoolboy living in deepest South London some 40 years ago during the school holidays I used to get the number 36 bus to the Oval, the northern line to Stockwell, the Victoria line to Blackhorse Road or Tottenham Hale and then walk to the Walthamstow Reservoirs. I would do this several times each week (no night fishing allowed) with a rod holdall, rucksack, etc. It wasn't too bad in the mornings but I wasn't too popular coming home, especially if I had caught a few.....

Had my first ever carp from the reservoirs - an 8lb common on a maggot feeder (i was bream fishing at the time). I still remember the swingtip straightening and the reel backwinding as I sprinted to the rod.

Saw my first ever barbel there too, caught by a mate on the Coppermills.

Very happy days.

Wow that was a good watch. Amazing what waters hold in the uk. I've heard of the reservoir but never that river/ steam. Assuming the carp got into there from the reservoirs? Big effort to get there and go fishing. Full commitment and great results. Not sure it's be sharing that might well be keeping it under my hat if it was me!

Wow that was a good watch. Amazing what waters hold in the uk. I've heard of the reservoir but never that river/ steam. Assuming the carp got into there from the reservoirs? Big effort to get there and go fishing. Full commitment and great results. Not sure it's be sharing that might well be keeping it under my hat if it was me!

There was a big pike out of there recently and a big barbel came out last year although there aren’t many barbel left. There used to be a lot of big roach there until the cormorants got them, still some big bream in the river too.

It’s an expensive ticket for a short day and hardly anyone fishes the stream there, but you’d expect that to change after that video!

Thanks David I looked it up after watching last night. Yes that's exactly what I mean think there might be a few more anglers now. That's what I don't understand in some ways about social media. Maybe it's me just being very selfish. However I personally would keep it under raps unless of course he's going now to fish elsewhere and busy sharing the love? Nor everyone's cup of tea either I guess. Watched Carl and Alex last night. Forgot about their vlogs etc but came up on my feed. Carp again but a really compelling view especially in light of the hostility they received completely unacceptable. Here's the link

Thanks David I looked it up after watching last night. Yes that's exactly what I mean think there might be a few more anglers now. That's what I don't understand in some ways about social media. Maybe it's me just being very selfish. However I personally would keep it under raps unless of course he's going now to fish elsewhere and busy sharing the love? Nor everyone's cup of tea either I guess. Watched Carl and Alex last night. Forgot about their vlogs etc but came up on my feed. Carp again but a really compelling view especially in light of the hostility they received completely unacceptable. Here's the link

I think these two kids are cracking anglers, seem like decent kids as well. The way they have dealt with some of the jealousy squad has been very admirable.

Really enjoyed this.

Quality superb. Wonderful wildlife and gorgeous unmarked carp.

Those young men are inspirational.

Back