• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lockdown watching

Paul thanked for sharing tunnel vision. Ive never watched Terry hearn before what a talented angler and great video to. Really enjoyed it fantastic watch. Ive never fished for large carp but something I would like to try. Love his thinking and observations

Terry Hearn stories are all excellent. His excitement and enthusiasm just shines through.
The Burghfield Common is outstanding.

My contribution to the thread:

Chris Yates on Rod Hutchinson - not watching but listening - very evocative.

I'm a huge fan of Terry Hearn too - his books and videos are superb and he is a genuinely nice bloke too when you see him on the bank.

Hi men

I lent his second book , Still Searching , to someone but can't remember who 🙄 , and I liked that one best .

Hatter
Mark,

Too right, cracking read. I pick it up about once a season and really enjoy the excitement that Terry brings to his writing. It's a cliche but he does make you feel like you are there.

I’ll add my twopennorth to the Terry Hearn supporters too. I’m not usually a fan of carp fishing videos, but Terry is a total natural in front of the camera, a great story teller and I find his videos compulsive viewing.

Just finished watching this one. Terry does make a great film. Looking forward to the next one, out Monday I think.
We could do with some barbel films of this quality.

I like Terry’s books as well. Someone who is totally obsessed with catching the nicest (not always biggest) carp in the land. The way he thinks through the problem with a single minded focus on his target fish is on another level.
Agreed.

His first book ‘Still Searching’ is a blinding read, his second is a corker too. As far as carp fishing books are concerned I think Terry, along with Dave Lane, Rob Maylin and Chris Yates are in a league of their own, all very different as well.

Watched that earlier today/yesterday now.

Terry's tales are excellent, relaxed and laid back (said that elsewhere today) I like all of his videos.

Hard to believe he's now in his late 40's!
I've watched most of it and it doesn't disappoint. I could definitely get into that style of carp fishing( apart from the cost of the bait:eek:)
I bet them wily old river carp don't have go.
Last season there was a fish that 3 or 4 of us hooked from the same peg and no-one could stop it - it took off like a train and smashed everyone on pretty heavy barbel gear, mainly due to kiting round a downstream bend taking line through willows.
I think it had to be a big river carp, others said a big barbel?

Back