• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Line recomendations.

My fishing pal decided to change from subline to touchdown and certainly wasn't impressed with it,having lost two good fish being snapped up due to less stretch.
Just a thought Steve.... Me, good old Gr60.
Dave like I say I cannot fault it this season started off with three doubles on it

Probably the former, Bill, though I've not tested the bs in any way scientifically. I just find it a strong and reliable line that's never snapped with a fish on. Having said that, I use braid as mainline on the pin and that's 90% of the time nowadays.

Probably the former, Bill, though I've not tested the bs in any way scientifically. I just find it a strong and reliable line that's never snapped with a fish on. Having said that, I use braid as mainline on the pin and that's 90% of the time nowadays.

What strength/make of braid do you use Richard? Although I now use braid almost exclusively for piking and when 'trying' to catch bream, I've never used it for barbel and I'm open minded to using it. I'm thinking of giving it a go for floodwater fishing as I see the lower diameter offers quite an advantage in heavy flows. I've found power pro very reliable for piking and on my marker/baitdropping rod.

What strength/make of braid do you use Richard? Although I now use braid almost exclusively for piking and when 'trying' to catch bream, I've never used it for barbel and I'm open minded to using it. I'm thinking of giving it a go for floodwater fishing as I see the lower diameter offers quite an advantage in heavy flows. I've found power pro very reliable for piking and on my marker/baitdropping rod.

Joe - I use Super 8 Slick in 30lb (brown). This diameter - similar to 8lb mono and very reliable.

Back