• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Line deterioration on Berkley Big Game

Andy, I bought the 12lb spool but from a different seller on ebay and at £9.99 plus postage, never had a problem with breaking strain, just line twist. Think I'll try what Stu does next time I break in a snag;)

I also got some from Ebay.I've not put it on a reel yet but it seems quite "springy" to most other monos I've used.Is that normal ?
Phil.W

I've noticed that mine's a bit lively as well although a couple of last minute Trent fish yesterday straightened it out a tad !!!...:D

Here's a couple of better pics from Ebay. They all say made in Japan, so I suspect it is a genuine product but made for the Japanese market ... and maybe of lesser quality (which is why it is cheap). If it was just fake Berkley, it would probably say Made in USA to copy the American stuff. And the barcode looks like a Berkley code.

big-game.jpg
cheap, how cheap...:eek:
Berkley Big Game Fishing Line Green or Clear 10lb-30lb | eBay

Back