• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light weight chair

Lee Backshall

One of those asking for the impossible questions.....
I'm after the lightest comfiest chair with an adjustable back and decent leg length. Iv got a standard korum chair which iv put rucksack straps on but feel it's a bit heavy.

Interested in the replies , My chair is very comfortable but takes Pickfords to get it to the bank .Your ask is exactly what I want , with no arms !

David

Richard is right
I have the Nash Ultralite which is comfy, strong ( I’m a lump and destroy chairs) and very light but no recliner
I also have the Nash indulgence which is super comfy and reclines but I wouldn’t want to be carrying it too far
Fox Duralite is a really light chair but again I don’t think it’s a recliner but it does have arms

JRC stealth Recliner is 4.8 kgs , the JRC stealth is 3.10 kgs . Fox duralite is 3.2 KGs, I guess it would be less if you removed the arms, I removed them from my own Pickfords chair and it made a difference weight wise , with no adverse effects to the reclining mechanism.
Preston Korum accessory chair , 3 KGs, looks like a scaffolding set though .
Korum Aeronium, 2.3 kgs.
To be continued.

David

Last edited:
Just bought a JRC Defender recliner, not the lightest, but quite comfy with a high back and arms, ( I try not to take long walks if possible having Asthma ) I do like to reel in on quiet periods and have a little snooze. 😴

JRC Stealth X-Lo Chair. I've been using this for about a year and very happy with it. Works well on sloping banks, folds really flat and is easy to carry. Weighs 3.1kg.

I've heard some say it's a bit low, personally find if very comfy and I'm 6.0' and nearly 16 stone. I've never had a chair with arms before, and they are very handy for getting up quickly.

Not the lightest but not too heavy and a brilliant stable sloping bank seat is the Fox roving seat. With the fold down one piece front bar support it will never fail. I packed mine away but retrieved it today in favour of the super lightweight seats that are c/w with dodgy legs.
For super light seats I have a Shaky stool with back rest great for level banks albeit not for tackle tarts but makes roving a doddle. 😏

I have a Lorum Aeronium Superlite Reclining chair. It's small and compact but mine has been let down by the stitching on the material. It ripped and I had to re-stitch the seat area along one side. I'm not big or heavy so this was very disappointing for such an expensive chair. It's alright but I won't be buying another Korum chair.

I have a Lorum Aeronium Superlite Reclining chair. It's small and compact but mine has been let down by the stitching on the material. It ripped and I had to re-stitch the seat area along one side. I'm not big or heavy so this was very disappointing for such an expensive chair. It's alright but I won't be buying another Korum chair.
Korum, obviously!

I don't think recliner, lightest and comfiest can be had in one chair. I looked at the Korum Aeronium, which was the lightest I could find, but found it wasn't comfortable, and it felt cold with the cover removed (which you can do to make it lighter). So I swapped it for a Fox Duralite, which is light enough, super-comfy, has big feet, which some of the Korum's don't, and is high enough in the back to slouch and fall asleep in... if that's what a recliner is for... although I can't see the point of a recliner, personally.

I don't think recliner, lightest and comfiest can be had in one chair. I looked at the Korum Aeronium, which was the lightest I could find, but found it wasn't comfortable, and it felt cold with the cover removed (which you can do to make it lighter). So I swapped it for a Fox Duralite, which is light enough, super-comfy, has big feet, which some of the Korum's don't, and is high enough in the back to slouch and fall asleep in... if that's what a recliner is for... although I can't see the point of a recliner, personally.
Bang on.

I use an Aeronium because it’s the lightest available. The Duralite is a better chair - my mate has one.

I have been in same boat for a while and finally. Decided to go for the solar under cover chair in green as I'm not in the army so don't need camo to hide from the enemy. It's turned out to be bloody fantastic.

Attachments

• 16972056206677442630318712883079.jpg
    16972056206677442630318712883079.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 146
I have been in same boat for a while and finally. Decided to go for the solar under cover chair in green as I'm not in the army so don't need camo to hide from the enemy. It's turned out to be bloody fantastic.
Don't think it would be much good on sloping banks though

Back