• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

(Light hearted banter) I seriously need to thin out my rods!

I've certainly not got as many rods as some of you, and have been slowly selling rods that I am unlikely to use again. Often, for species that I targeted at some stage many years ago. I'll keep the quality builds that I have, and will sell those on, when it's no longer physically possible to fish. Saltwater rods in various classes have been thinned out. I rarely buy rods that are second hand. Reels no problem.

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't have too many rods, perhaps 15 in total. I do have an affinity and attachment with some of them that have given me some great sport over the years. Too have them in my hand the memories come back and I quite enjoy the reminscing.
I used to have a fridge freezer purely for fishing - full of baits and flavours. The memories that used to come flooding back with the slightest sniff of this or that flavour was quite unbelievable.

I have to say that I don't have too many rods, perhaps 15 in total. I do have an affinity and attachment with some of them that have given me some great sport over the years. Too have them in my hand the memories come back and I quite enjoy the reminscing.
I used to have a fridge freezer purely for fishing - full of baits and flavours. The memories that used to come flooding back with the slightest sniff of this or that flavour was quite unbelievable.
I am down to 10 made up, rods which give me a buzz for some reason. Not just cost because the amount doesn't matter, it's circumstances that we remember best.

I know what you mean!
I remember the days my uncle was infatuated with yately North lakes back in the late 80's early 90's era, and his bedroom always smelt of strawberry flavours as he use to make his own baits 40 mm baits and store them up in his bedroom 🤣

Back