• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light comfortable chair

Terry Harman

Senior Member & Supporter
Looking for recommendations for a light comfortable chair......been looking at the fox duralight ... Anyone use one ?
Thanks

I think this is the model I travelled some distance to buy only to find the stated weight of 3.2kgs was out by about 4 or 5kgs. So if you want a light chair I would check first.

Not sure you're talking about the same model there John, I have one and although I haven't felt the need to weigh it yet it feels nice and light when carried.
It's a nice chair Terry and I've been complimented on it by several other anglers who have dropped into my swim to take a closer look. Only criticism is that is narrower than most which is a slight downside if you have a big-boned butt like myself but this may be accentuated by the fact that it has arms on it which may increase my perception of less width. The arms may also be a hindrance if you fish holding the rod at an angle. Apart from that it's a good chair and comfortable.
Heavier, but wonderful in the comfort stakes is the JRC Stealth X-lite. It's no two-ton Tessie ( hence the model name ) but if you're prone to a little bankside siesta ( I am ! ) it can be dangerous as it can adjust back to virtually flat and you'll need an alarm clock of sufficient volume to rouse you !!

Terry
I bought this chair for it's lightness and as you can see it only weigh's 3kg.

www.anglingdirect.co.uk/jrc-stealth-x-lite-chair

Hope this helps.

JRC Stealth X-Lite Chair

Key Features
Ultra strong but feather weight
6061 Aerospace grade aluminium frame
Ergonomically designed extra thick padded 600D polyester cover
Fully adjustable legs
Oversized swivel and fold mud feet
Dimensions: 42cm (L) x 48cm (W) x 75cm (H)
Weight: 3kg

Will look at the jrc but like the fact the fox has arms quicker to get out of with my aching bones ... Jason I have the korum supalight probably the most uncomfortable chair I have owned I struggle to spend more than an hour in it

I personally don't like arms on a fishing chair for exactly the same reason (restriction of width) even though I am not a big feller.

I recently bought the JRC Stealth X Lite chair and at 3kg it suits my roving tactics perfectly.

Very light, very comfortable and if you shop around, good value ;)

I personally don't like arms on a fishing chair for exactly the same reason (restriction of width) even though I am not a big feller.

I recently bought the JRC Stealth X Lite chair and at 3kg it suits my roving tactics perfectly.

Very light, very comfortable and if you shop around, good value ;)
I Waited till the right time and got mine for just £45! Bargin! :)
And thats the recliner version!

I have recently been on the lookout for a new chair as an xmas present from the misses ( I did have to tell her) I went for the korum roving kit. The lightweight chair is around 3.6lkg. But also comes with a rod holdal and rucksack. Not bad for £80 from foster of Birmingham. I always keep looking for easier ways to carry my gear and what I like about this you can attach the chair to your rucksack leaving hands free to carry even more crap with you

I've just bought the Fox Duralite,it's Lighter than my Nash chair ,like the arms aswell.Havnt weighed it but feels spot on .

Back