• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lidl garlic sausage

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
A new Lidl has just opened close to where i live, i went in for a mooch as you do, and came across this, anyone tried it ? Is it any good ? A substitute for the good old garlic spam ? At £1.75 for a 400gram pack, seems good value.

Lidl garlic sausage..JPG

A new Lidl has just opened close to where i live, i went in for a mooch as you do, and came across this, anyone tried it ? Is it any good ? A substitute for the good old garlic spam ? At £1.75 for a 400gram pack, seems good value.

View attachment 22982
They’ll bloody love it Derek. Get a great lump whopped out in a proper flood …… probably next season now 😊

They sell it in Home Bargains as well, at least they did in the Loughborough store. I bought some last year but haven't had chance to use it yet.

Iv'e been using it for chub over the past couple of weeks Derek, they hammer it!
It stays on the hook really well, not as pungent as the stinky garlic spam!
I also look forward to whacking a lump out for the barbel next season.

Iv'e been using it for chub over the past couple of weeks Derek, they hammer it!
It stays on the hook really well, not as pungent as the stinky garlic spam!
I also look forward to whacking a lump out for the barbel next season.
Thanks Paul 👍 i only bought 3 packs, looks like i need to go back and empty the shelf. 😂
👍

Works on the Swale! I even made up an old type sausage paste with it & found it worked very well as a big blob on the hook. It's pretty fatty so not as dense as bacon grill - bounces well along a swim on a weighted hook.

Back