• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landing net

Wayne Pevy

Thinking of getting a korum 30 inch triangle latex net,has anyone got one and what do you think,been using the spoon one for years and like it,but its a bit cumbersome to be honest

I can't answer your specific question, but I'd personally go for a 36" - although having said that I have 30", 32" and 36" (not Korum though)

I've got one and also got a NGT 36" which was a steal for what I paid for it. Both nice nets, but the NGT is both bigger and deeper. I take them both normally when I go fishing.

I don’t like deep triangle nets for the river as they caught in all the brambles and branches when your trying to net a fish. The korum one was just right. I brought the latex pan net but didn’t like it so brought the triangle but after I lost it I just started using the pan again and actually don’t mind it now. I will replace it with the triangle though next time I need a new one

I agree with Paul a 30” triangle is too small and doesn’t cover the same surface area nor is the measurement carried out in the same plane as a 30” spoon. If you need 30” from the spreader to the centre of the net then you need a 36” triangle. I assume like most manufacturers Korum take the 30” measurement Diagonally across the arm

Back