• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lake's fish population's fate is SEALED!

I have been watching a massive Cock pheasant on my shed roof to see what he's doing to the 5 hens that seem attracted to him. But It's not me I promise. Even though he has 2 T's in Elliott as well.

Tony
I did see the report in the Mail (not Times or Sun) and thought his comments about the wildlife not being affected typical though.

Of course, fish don't count. They are just bird/otter/seal* food.;)

*delete as applicable.

Quite so. You should add human to that list - bless those poor eastern european chaps who have to fish for their food in our dirty rivers.

Anyway "Lake's fish population's fate is SEALED!"

Tony - if you aren't already you should be working for the AT/AM with headlines like that!

Quite so. You should add human to that list - bless those poor eastern european chaps who have to fish for their food in our dirty rivers.
Certain coarse fish and definitely Pike and Zander seem to be gaining in popularity on the nations dinner tables and it isn't just the E.Es.

Certain coarse fish and definitely Pike and Zander seem to be gaining in popularity on the nations dinner tables and it isn't just the E.Es.

I was walking through the food hall in Selfridge's a couple of days back, and as I passed the fish counter I was confronted by a row of mid double to low twenties mirror carp on the slab :mad: I swear one of them, a big, square looking fish, was a much loved old warrior called Albert. I tried artificial resuscitation, but to no avail....RIP Al :(

Cheers, Dave :D

Last edited:
i don't have a problem with this if they come from farms, it's the dodgy market stalls selling tench that pee's me off, 100 per cent nicked!

Back