• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum roving kit wanted

If it includes the Korum lightweight chair then don't do it! I have never ever sat on anything more uncomfortable church pews included. The back legs don't extend far enough back to prevent them collapsing under it and the front legs don't extend long enough to compensate for river banks that slope down towards the water, as most that I have found do.

Also, the carrying bag, sack thing is far too large and as such useless for anything other than a house move.

If it includes the Korum lightweight chair then don't do it! I have never ever sat on anything more uncomfortable church pews included. The back legs don't extend far enough back to prevent them collapsing under it and the front legs don't extend long enough to compensate for river banks that slope down towards the water, as most that I have found do.

Also, the carrying bag, sack thing is far too large and as such useless for anything other than a house move.
Really that bad Clive was it like the idea on the chair and bag on back for easier walking the long walks with them together what year model did you have

I thought the bag was the roving rucksack. Awesome little thing

Really that bad Clive was it like the idea on the chair and bag on back for easier walking the long walks with them together what year model did you have
If it’s the chair and bag system you want you can buy those two items individually....... or at least you used to be able to. The super light chair and transition compact rucksack are compatible items.

I got the chair and holdall about 6 years ago. The chair seems to have been designed by somebody who has never attempted the concept of roving. And the canvas is too tightly strung with no padding. It is like sitting on one of those monk's chairs; straight upright.

The bag I got is the holdall designed to carry the chair and rucksack. Trouble is, the bag is so large you couldn't possibly carry it using the shoulder strap. It would be OK for disposing of dead bodies, but for fishing 👎

I got the chair and holdall about 6 years ago. The chair seems to have been designed by somebody who has never attempted the concept of roving. And the canvas is too tightly strung with no padding. It is like sitting on one of those monk's chairs; straight upright.

The bag I got is the holdall designed to carry the chair and rucksack. Trouble is, the bag is so large you couldn't possibly carry it using the shoulder strap. It would be OK for disposing of dead bodies, but for fishing 👎
Is it this chair you have ?
DC17C3FE-AEBE-46AD-917C-A7AEE97F819E.jpeg

There is new model out now which is ment to approved from that model you have Clive

Is it this chair you have ?
View attachment 13731
No. Mine is green and the legs fold out from underneath. That one looks more stable in that the back legs won't collapse under the seat when you lean back, but it doesn't look like the front legs are long enough to cope with a sloping banking down to the water or be able to tilt the whole lot back a bit so you are not sitting bolt upright. And, the lack of padding makes it doubly uncomfortable.

No. Mine is green and the legs fold out from underneath. That one looks more stable in that the back legs won't collapse under the seat when you lean back, but it doesn't look like the front legs are long enough to cope with a sloping banking down to the water or be able to tilt the whole lot back a bit so you are not sitting bolt upright. And, the lack of padding makes it doubly uncomfortable.
Nothing I’ve seen on the market today will touch it for slopes. It’s the best river roaming chair I’ve ever sat on. Comfort wise it’s perfectly fine for a day session
24363C4E-0A86-49A2-958A-864ADE3CFEEF.jpeg
F72358CB-D732-4E81-96B8-9CF245BB5372.jpeg

For what its worth Richard I agree with you about this chair. Mine is in its fifth season now and is superb. The bag suited me too but the sling thing was the pits.

I don’t use the bag but I’ve seen the sling and it looks rubbish. Chair is unbelievably good. I’ve already modified mine to 4 new legs. 450mm long one piece legs using thicker 3.3mm wall aluminum. Not really added much weight to it but I’ve got even more adjustment and stacks more rigidity out of it.
F78361C0-DA84-4332-BB9E-3EDE336A4F41.jpeg

Back