• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum roving kit wanted

I am yet to find a bank anywhere that tis chairs design can't deal with.
Your modifications will no doubt enhance an already brilliant product...........but here it comes....why did Korum change the design.
I would have paid the £99.99 just for the chair which is actually in its sixth not fifth season.
My season is anything between 50/70 sessions so that is over 300 sessions.

Nothing I’ve seen on the market today will touch it for slopes. It’s the best river roaming chair I’ve ever sat on. Comfort wise it’s perfectly fine for a day session View attachment 13749View attachment 13750
I didn't realise that it did that. The maximum extension in mine is just a few inches. It would be still too hard for me in the bottom department though. I like a bit of padding.

why did Korum change the design.
I’m going to say a big player in that question is cost. That chair is (as far as chairs go) a complicated design.
Also from a fabrication point of view the tolerance on that chair needs to be really spot on. The legs being completely unsupported and independent, if the chassis were even 1mm out of square at the clamp that would be exaggerated to probably 1/2 an inch down the legs at the feet.
It’s got lots of nice bits on it from idesign

The new chair is far easier to make and loads cheaper. You could weld that up, get it proper on the wonk and pull it all back true once you brace the legs together. I bet they cost half the price of the old design the to produce. I’d also like to know exactly what this aeronium is. I could be wrong but I’m guessing it’s a high strength aluminum extrusion like what they build the posh bikes from. 7000 series perhaps 🤔

Again it comes down to cost then. I am dreading the day my chair fails me😪
I did purchase the new design roving kit about two years ago as a reserve and although IMO the sling is better but it could not have been any worse really, the bag does not hold as much tackle and the chair is just a cheap replacement however it is better than some makes.
If anybody in engineering who comes on this forum decides to copy the original chair and bring it to market then they could be on a winner Richard 😁

Thanks Chris think am gunner go down a different route now with all the negative feedback on the korums am gunner buy a rucksack and chair separately now
Ok no worries .
I have the newest kit which is ok except the rod bag ,absolutely no chance of fitting two made up rods in .
The one in a bay has a rod quiver though .

Back