• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum river tripod buzz bars

Am I right in thinking the bars on the tripod are different lengths? Can you not swap the front to the back vice versa?
I use a fox horizon and I have always done this, I'd rather have the rod tips pointing together than splayed. Just a thought.
I wouldn’t know. I have the compact version only which doesn’t have a rear bar. I use it with the screw in cups.
I’d of thought both the front and rear bars would be same length to keep rods same distance apart?

They splay outwards ever so slightly.

IMG_2692.JPG

Mine also wobble a little in the speed fit adaptor. I've tried split washers, and the provided rubber ones and no matter how tight I get them, the speed fit itself wobbles. Annoying.

They splay outwards ever so slightly.

View attachment 13395

Mine also wobble a little in the speed fit adaptor. I've tried split washers, and the provided rubber ones and no matter how tight I get them, the speed fit itself wobbles. Annoying.
I think it’s the rivited joint that wobbles not the speed connection. Mine was doing the same it’s a crap way of joining them. I filled the gap with bearing fit loctite and they are solid now.

I think it’s the rivited joint that wobbles not the speed connection. Mine was doing the same it’s a crap way of joining them. I filled the gap with bearing fit loctite and they are solid now.
It’s the bottom one on mine that always comes loose, if the thread was cut perfectly like Steve Neville stainless there would be no probs

I know mate , I like it , just hate the buzzers , will sort it
I hate the locking mechanisms on the legs. They don’t grip it hard enough.
I use a tripod probably 2-3 times a year maximum so I’m not going to rush out and get a posh one for that amount of use but if I was a regular sky pointer I’d probably get the fox horizon one like Jon has.

I hate the locking mechanisms on the legs. They don’t grip it hard enough.
I use a tripod probably 2-3 times a year maximum so I’m not going to rush out and get a posh one for that amount of use but if I was a regular sky pointer I’d probably get the fox horizon one like Jon has.
Not had any issues with the legs , It suits me on the ribble , plus it’s not heavy

Does any body know if the standard (not deluxe) version would fit in the centre of a drennan 3 rod quiver?

1ST mod I did was GLUE the block to the buzz bar to stop it twisting on a savage take

All Korum tripod owners need one of these! Now reduced - bargain - and the standard River Tripod (and bars) fit like a glove

https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/ngt-42-stink-bag/

And if you're after some nicer bars these look great -

or these

Last edited:
All Korum tripod owners need one of these! Now reduced - bargain - and the standard River Tripod (and bars) fit like a glove

https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/ngt-42-stink-bag/

And if you're after some nicer bars these look great -

or these

Some people have just got to much money

Back