• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum aeronium supalite deluxe chair - edited and merged

• Thread starter Deleted member 2993
  • Start date
Take a look at the Solar Bank Master Chair. I take mine everywhere, it has been mile after mile roving, very light, solid and very comfortable.

image.jpg

The super lite chair is extremely low with only around 4” of adjustment on each leg. Don’t get me wrong at 2.3kg you pick it up and it’s shocking how light it is
They do a reclining version with long front legs, more padding etc. I’d imagine it’s still light but very lacking on the website as to how light or big it actually is.
@Richard Parsons has this chair. Maybe he would give you some real stats on its size and weight
Iv brought the recliner and the non reclining deluxe has an add on padded part that can be removed which the recliner doesn’t have

Andrew - apologies for the delayed response (following Rich's prompting). The recliner is a excellent chair, though when folded it's thicker than a non-recliner, solely due to the reclining mechanism. Weight-wise it comes in an 3.9kg, which I think is a decent trade-off when the comfort factor is accounted for. I've tried carrying it on my back fitted to the Korum ruckbag, however it adds to much bulk for my liking so carry by hand.
The extending legs are a very useful feature, also.

I'll post a couple of comparative photos later......

Andrew - apologies for the delayed response (following Rich's prompting). The recliner is a excellent chair, though when folded it's thicker than a non-recliner, solely due to the reclining mechanism. Weight-wise it comes in an 3.9kg, which I think is a decent trade-off when the comfort factor is accounted for. I've tried carrying it on my back fitted to the Korum ruckbag, however it adds to much bulk for my liking so carry by hand.
The extending legs are a very useful feature, also.

I'll post a couple of comparative photos later......
Thanks for the info Richard, agree with you weight wise it's still very light considering the extra benefits it gives, regarding the ruckbag I was thinking of going with the Fox ruck all, as the chair hangs off the back and gives more room on the straps, i struggle to get the korum ruckbag over my shoulder when wearing more layers of clothing, there a bit pricey, but comfort and ease comes first imo,

Hi all first time posting on here, just wondering if any of you have the above chair, can't seem to find any info on the seat height, have the korum roving chair and is a bit low for my dodgy knees, does look higher on advertisement pics but no info on actual seat height range, any info would be greatly appreciated... 😁

Hi Andrew, welcome to BFW

I have merged all three threads that you posted on this subject, so all of the information is now in the one thread.

paul4 - BFW Team Member
Cheers Paul, first time posting on here, not great with technology, but got it sussed now ha ha, thanks

Thanks for the info Richard, agree with you weight wise it's still very light considering the extra benefits it gives, regarding the ruckbag I was thinking of going with the Fox ruck all, as the chair hangs off the back and gives more room on the straps, i struggle to get the korum ruckbag over my shoulder when wearing more layers of clothing, there a bit pricey, but comfort and ease comes first imo,
I have the fox ruckall and love it,yeah chair straps to the back fine,think you might have a job finding one though, usually out of stock,hope you can get one🤞

Yes the ruckall is excellent. I wouldn’t pay what they fetch nowadays though mind. Only the camolite version seems to come up available occasionally and they are loaded with carp tax.

Yes the ruckall is excellent. I wouldn’t pay what they fetch nowadays though mind. Only the camolite version seems to come up available occasionally and they are loaded with carp tax.
Managed to get mine for 60 odd quid with some angling direct points i didn't realise i had lol

I have the fox ruckall and love it,yeah chair straps to the back fine,think you might have a job finding one though, usually out of stock,hope you can

I have the fox ruckall and love it,yeah chair straps to the back fine,think you might have a job finding one though, usually out of stock,hope you can get one🤞
Going down to Bewdley next Saturday for a week, a certain shop near to a service station on the A-1 state they have them in stock, I'll ring them tomorrow, hopefully collect them on the way like I did last year for a pair of torix rods.. 🤞

Going down to Bewdley next Saturday for a week, a certain shop near to a service station on the A-1 state they have them in stock, I'll ring them tomorrow, hopefully collect them on the way like I did last year for a pair of torix rods.. 🤞
Im up to bridgnorth for the first few days, not expecting much,but you never know,got the float rod as well🤞

Hi all first time posting on here, just wondering if any of you have the above chair, can't seem to find any info on the seat height, have the korum roving chair and is a bit low for my dodgy knees, does look higher on advertisement pics but no info on actual seat height range, any info would be greatly appreciated... 😁

Hi Andrew, welcome to BFW

I have merged all three threads that you posted on this subject, so all of the information is now in the one thread.

paul4 - BFW Team Member
I too have had problems with seat height. A low/reclining position is fine for ledgering but a higher more upright position is better for trotting. What I don't understand is why manufacturers of chairs like the two under discussion don't have a setting or adaptation so that the legs can stand at right angles to the seat. It seems like an obvious extra and not particularly difficult to engineer.

It seems like an obvious extra and not particularly difficult to engineer.
Nothing regarding a seat is difficult to engineer, it's a twofold problem

1. The realisation and acceptance that there's a requirement that not all fishing is done on level ground

2. Procuring manufacture in less than "the Chin#se minimum number"

My much modified JRC has stood over 25 years of use and is still (fingers crossed) going strong, even though I weigh a tad more than I did when I first bought it :D

Much about this is covered in this thread

Clickety- click here

Last edited:
Sadly unless you go to the efforts of modifying a chair to work like Paul has, A decent river chair doesn’t exist anymore.

It’s worth keeping a look out for the mark 1 Korum roving chair that came with the first roving kit. They are the absolute bomb of a river chair and I was so fortunate to find one.
there’s not many places on the river bank where you can’t get this bad boy levelled out and at a comfortable height.
Thread here

Back