• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum’s customer care

Haydn Clarke

Senior Member & Supporter
Or lack of, should I say.

So I’ve lost both the male toggle clips from my ruckbag. Annoying as I do use the straps on the outside of this bag. I emailed Korum in the vain hope that they’d be like, “Well, Mr Clarke, you’ve bought 4 rods, several pieces of luggage, nets, handles, banks sticks and hundreds of items of terminal tackle…. You know what, they cost us a few pence each, we’ll stick a couple in the post”. Bit silly of me, I know. Failing that I was at least hoping that they‘d maybe point me in the right direction to get the correct ones of eBay. As the female half of this coupling is captive sewn into the straps, I really need the correct ones.

Bot no. Neither in fact. Just sweet Foxtrot Alpha. Totally, completely and utterly blanked. So if a company is that blatantly rude for something that costs them a mere response to an email, then what the hell are they like when it’s going to cost them cold, hard cash?

So anyhow, cutting a short story long….
Anyone know the exact type of these?
8C2968EF-DCD0-4034-AE43-19A4AA6919B2.jpeg

Haydn, pm me your address. I have some I purchased on ebay. Cannot be sure they will fit, but happy to send you a couple to try.
Mike

Or lack of, should I say.

So I’ve lost both the male toggle clips from my ruckbag. Annoying as I do use the straps on the outside of this bag. I emailed Korum in the vain hope that they’d be like, “Well, Mr Clarke, you’ve bought 4 rods, several pieces of luggage, nets, handles, banks sticks and hundreds of items of terminal tackle…. You know what, they cost us a few pence each, we’ll stick a couple in the post”. Bit silly of me, I know. Failing that I was at least hoping that they‘d maybe point me in the right direction to get the correct ones of eBay. As the female half of this coupling is captive sewn into the straps, I really need the correct ones.

Bot no. Neither in fact. Just sweet Foxtrot Alpha. Totally, completely and utterly blanked. So if a company is that blatantly rude for something that costs them a mere response to an email, then what the hell are they like when it’s going to cost them cold, hard cash?

So anyhow, cutting a short story long….
Anyone know the exact type of these?View attachment 18250
Hi
Take the bag to an outdoor shop, and then try to match up
Regards Wayne

Haydn I'm sure you have and have allegiance to korum whatsoever however just thought I'd do the are you 100% sure the address was right? Have you checked the spam inbox? I've had such things that was all I was thinking. However if correct and its sent but no reply at all no good to hear. Either way how you get it sorted 👍

Haydn, if you can't find a match on the toggle, if you have a local cobbler who fixes bags etc buy a new pair of toggles and take them to the cobbler, they should be able to sew a new set in.
My local cobbler has made numerous repairs to my fishing luggage and at a very reasonable price.

Haydn, pm me your address. I have some I purchased on ebay. Cannot be sure they will fit, but happy to send you a couple to try.
Mike
Thanks for that offer Mike. That’s kind of you. I‘ve already tried a few that I have here from old camera bags and such like and none fit, so I’d rather not waste your time. That’s why I was hoping someone at Korum would at least say that that’s the XYZ 25mm belt clips you need there, or such like.
Obviously It’s just too much trouble to go to for one of those PITA people that buy their products.

I‘m sure I’ll find the right ones eventually but it just means the likelihood of buying several wrong ones before I find the right ones.

I have two Korum ruckbags, the latter being the deluxe version. Unfortunately one of the zip-pulls broke, so I contacted Korum for a spare. I got the same response as you Haydn, in other words, nowt. Today I tried to prize the part of the zip that holds the pull only for it to break off.😡

I know the main compartment has a double zip but now I have to open it from the bottom every time which is a PITA.

I've always found Korum products to be top notch. It's a pity their service doesn't match this.

I had a similar issue. My own fault as I shut the male part of the clip in the car boot. I went to the tackle shop where I bought it to see if they could order me a replacement and as it happened the Korum Rep was paying them a visit. He promised to get me one and that is the last I heard.
I found a discarded dog lead on the river bank with a fitting that looked the same so I tried it……and guess what…..a perfect fit!
Maybe visit your local Pound shop and see if you have the same luck?

I don’t really do social media. My Facebook account was suspended some time ago now for a technical anomaly that I’ve never bothered to correct. I sent my original email through their website, which, I would guess, is set up for the very purpose of communicating with the company. In my own business dealings I always try to respond within 24 hrs maximum, even if it’s to just let the person know I can’t help them.

Whenever I get treated with the sort of disdain shown by Korum it makes me want to avoid buying from them wherever possible. This is a shame as their product development is usually very good but their after sales department (assuming they have such a thing) are a bunch of
W⚓S.

Korum seem to be particularly poor about keeping/supplying spare parts for some of their products. I lost the nut and bolt fixing for one of the mudfeet on my Aeronium chair and asked if they could supply a replacement, as none in my extensive nut and bolt collection would fit. They said they couldn't and I bought some stainless steel R clips which have made a much better and more permanent job. I've since lost another nut & bolt and I expect I'll end up replacing all four!

It surprises me actually because the spare and wear part business is extremely profitable if done right.
Bag clips, D loops, straps, bolts and feet etc could all be sold with a decent mark up and we’d glady pay it to keep our luggage going.

I bought a second hand graphite brolley for a tenna because it was missing a bag and a spike but all I wanted it for was the spare parts like the outer material and mechanism incase I ever rip mine.

It surprises me actually because the spare and wear part business is extremely profitable if done right.
Bag clips, D loops, straps, bolts and feet etc could all be sold with a decent mark up and we’d glady pay it to keep our luggage going.

I bought a second hand graphite brolley for a tenna because it was missing a bag and a spike but all I wanted it for was the spare parts like the outer material and mechanism incase I ever rip mine.
Bag clips, D loops, straps, bolts and feet etc could all be sold with a decent mark up and we’d glady pay it to keep our luggage going
The cynic in me thinks this is exactly the reason companies don’t offer parts/spares Richard….they want us to replace with a new item!

Bag clips, D loops, straps, bolts and feet etc could all be sold with a decent mark up and we’d glady pay it to keep our luggage going
The cynic in me thinks this is exactly the reason companies don’t offer parts/spares Richard….they want us to replace with a new item!
The real money is in the spares. If they bashed them poxy plastic clips out at £5 for a pair and new brolley sheets at £20 each etc the mark up on them would be astronomical……. But we’d happily pay it.
The issue with wanting people to buy new bags and stuff is that we then shop around and swap brands but spares lock you into the brand.
It’s very short sighted to expect a brand new purchase every time some part breaks.

I'm a big fan of Korum and to date (touch wood) no reason to complain BUT my first port of call would be the seller, then, if unsuccessful, the manufacturer and if that fails I would post a polite but damning piece on Trustpilot. It doesn't always work but makes me feel so much better!
Sadly with many companies in the UK, the "Customer Services" Dept is misnamed. It should be "Customer Dis-service".

i got in touch Korum on the phone lost a brass insert on a tripod they sent a full set of brass inserts free of charge next day
must of change a bit since then

This is just simply a case of supporting your own product with back up.
My first pair of vass trousers the rubber cracked at the knee. 1 email and a very pleasant customer service guy by the name of Bertie was back in touch.
I told him I’d had them 11 months but felt a bit deflated they were damaged already.
“No problem whatsoever we will sort that out.”
And he did. He contacted the supplier and sorted everything through them. New set no arguments even after nearly a year of owning.

They’ve got me by the short and curlys now good and proper because I can honestly say now my next garment is going to be vass.
No other manufacturer is going to get a look in.
Yes there was a problem which was inconvenient but they just fixed it. The knee pads are now twice as thick on the new ones so they’ve addressed any future problems too.

Back up and support is everything. Let’s hope Korum see and reply to your email soon as I don’t think it’s too much to ask of them to at least give you the size or type.

I remember the guy on YouTube, Mark Erdwin, publicly questioning korum’s customer service and swear he will not buy korum products in his life.

Back