• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum’s customer care

I had the same problem with my Drennan rucksack broke two clips and they sent me replacements in the post straight away great customer service.

I had the same problem with my Drennan rucksack broke two clips and they sent me replacements in the post straight away great customer service.
That’s interesting.

I sent something back to them once and never even got a reply….

I had the same problem with Fox many years ago. And I knew Cliff Fox at the time; maybe I should have gone straight to him !

It does seem a common theme nowadays but it's not right and so short-sighted
788 people have viewed this post, so that's a significant amount of people who might think twice about investing in a company who takes the money and runs, which is a shame as they do make good innovative products. And good news travels fast, bad news faster
As previously suggested I would try calling them or if you can really be bothered email one of the directors - it often gets a response.
Their details are on Companies House - there are only 3 so assuming their email address is @prestoninnovations.com it might take a bit of trial & error but they should want to know if a part of their operation isn't as it should be. It's such an easy fix.
Preston are a £24m business; a market leader so they should act like one.
Good Luck.

I don't think Korum stuff is very good.

Thinking of the umbrella with soft metal spider at the top holding the spokes that snapped on first breeze.

And the rod quiver with slots so narrow that if you put sleeves on the rod base the rod wouldn't fit in. Involving snipping the stitches to change a 3 rod holdall into one with one large base slot.

My experience is that they design to minimum cost without an Angler to test practicalities.

Most of the stuff I've had has been good and decent VFM to be honest.
I'm waiting for one of the Transition 3 rod folding quivers as my old one of 25 years has just about packed up
I did look at all makes & styles and on paper it looks the business but we'll see when it arrives.
But some of the Carp ones were a lot more expensive for less features.
Typically I couldn't get to buy one locally as no stock anywhere so have had to order on-line which I don't like doing.
But crap customer care is inexcusable. Drennan & Fox always used to be quite good.

I used to buy there kit but it`s not made that well in my opinion, think your better off looking elsewhere.

I remember the guy on YouTube, Mark Erdwin, publicly questioning korum’s customer service and swear he will not buy korum products in his life.
That was when both his landing net handle and landing net head failed in the space of just a few minutes. He was lucky not to lose a very good barbel, with the net still wrapped around it! A mate was recently moaning about their nets too, when his also snapped on the 3rd outing.

I've personally never had a problem with their stuff, ranging from Ruckbags to lure rods. My Ruckbag must be 15 years old now, its been used, abused and overpacked, but its still going strong, as is my Bait and Bits Bag, which is of a similar age.

If you are struggling to contact Korum, try contacting Mat Woods Fishing on Facebook. Pretty sure he's the Korum UK Manager and he always strikes me as a good genuine guy, whenever I've corresponded with him.

I've had those clips go in the past, so i bought a pair, male and female, removed the female part and restitched on the new one.
Pet shops or camping shops sell those type of clips.
I remember having a defective spool of Daiwa Sensor line, it took over 3 months for a replacement.

That was when both his landing net handle and landing net head failed in the space of just a few minutes. He was lucky not to lose a very good barbel, with the net still wrapped around it! A mate was recently moaning about their nets too, when his also snapped on the 3rd outing.

I've personally never had a problem with their stuff, ranging from Ruckbags to lure rods. My Ruckbag must be 15 years old now, its been used, abused and overpacked, but its still going strong, as is my Bait and Bits Bag, which is of a similar age.

If you are struggling to contact Korum, try contacting Mat Woods Fishing on Facebook. Pretty sure he's the Korum UK Manager and he always strikes me as a good genuine guy, whenever I've corresponded with him.
Wonder if that was the latex spoon? I have one of those and the tubular hoop came adrift from alloy block first time out. It was held in by a ridiculous grub screw that I removed and replaced with a pin through the block to lock the tube ends in place. And while I’m thinking of it, my old Korum tackle bag had the foil liner tear away from the stitching, though this was after a year or two of use.

And I said their product development was good a few posts back…..

Wonder if that was the latex spoon? I have one of those and the tubular hoop came adrift from alloy block first time out. It was held in by a ridiculous grub screw that I removed and replaced with a pin through the block to lock the tube ends in place. And while I’m thinking of it, my old Korum tackle bag had the foil liner tear away from the stitching, though this was after a year or two of use.

And I said their product development was good a few posts back…..
I have two korum landing nets, the folding net and the fast net. Both have the same problem, the screw with plastic at joint point is stupid design, at the moment I saw it I knew it will break at some point. If they replace the joint with metal, it will a perfect product.

I alerted Korum to the battering they were receiving and got the following email:

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the email, when you go on the Korum website there is a contact form at the bottom, these questions are then directed to myself. We have recently changed our website and the questions weren’t working properly for a while, I was getting an email but no name or question, all these were replied to asking how we could help. Every email we get is always answered even if it is something we can’t help with, we do get bouncebacks occasionally when someone has added their email address incorrectly. currently the only emails I have outstanding are people that I have answered but I’m trying to source them bits which we don’t stock as I will always try to get a part if I can although this isn’t always possible. Any one that the website hasn’t worked for can email me at spares@ratheroutdoors.com and I will try my best to help them.

Kind Regards

Dave Lloyd

Preston Innovations Customer service Team Leader

If I was in charge (even just of a department) of a tackle supplier, I’d have a staff member sign up to forums like this, or do it personally. You’d only have to type the name of your company or even specific products and you’ve got a wealth of R&D and feedback info at your fingertips. Really good value evaluation and monitoring.

I wouldn’t object to a bit of dialogue either. As long as they kept the marketing out of it.

Maybe they’re already among us, although it from this thread, it would appear not. Shimano definitely haven’t - we’d have a cracking 5000 size Baitrunner on the market, surely… 🤣

If I was in charge (even just of a department) of a tackle supplier, I’d have a staff member sign up to forums like this, or do it personally. You’d only have to type the name of your company or even specific products and you’ve got a wealth of R&D and feedback info at your fingertips. Really good value evaluation and monitoring.

I wouldn’t object to a bit of dialogue either. As long as they kept the marketing out of it.

Maybe they’re already among us, although it from this thread, it would appear not. Shimano definitely haven’t - we’d have a cracking 5000 size Baitrunner on the market, surely… 🤣
I am corresponding with them on this very subject Alex.

unfortunately businesses will spend as little on customer care as they can get away with

For a relatively small business like Korum good customer care is expensive. In my experience they’ve got most of their business pretty spot on, we’re getting innovative decent quality gear at very good prices, We’d end up paying more or get poorer quality products, or both, if the spent more on cc.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t complain, but having worked in customer care a fair but when I was younger, I know most businesses see other things as being far more important to their sales figures, which is what really counts.

I purchased a not inexpensive Korum chair, and after two trips the removable arm coverings started to disintegrate. I telephoned to get replacements, and was amazed at the "I don't care attitude," They just didn't want to know, and refused to supply replacements. The retailer who supplied the chair, who I have dealt with for years, told me that my experience was fairly typical of their attitude.
I used to love Korum as a brand, and their stuff was really good. I no longer even look at it, let alone buy it. Rubbish, non existant customer care

unfortunately businesses will spend as little on customer care as they can get away with

For a relatively small business like Korum good customer care is expensive. In my experience they’ve got most of their business pretty spot on, we’re getting innovative decent quality gear at very good prices, We’d end up paying more or get poorer quality products, or both, if the spent more on cc.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t complain, but having worked in customer care a fair but when I was younger, I know most businesses see other things as being far more important to their sales figures, which is what really counts.
Preston Innovations filed sales @ £24m for the last financial year- not a small business in my opinion Dave
It's so short-sighted to annoy people over parts that cost pennies and a quick email response sorting things out.
I just don't get it? From the general consensus on here they are destroying all the work they did in building a good brand?
But sacrificing quality and service to hit price points is a slippery slope IMHO
The Carp lads seem to go the opposite way, it doesn't matter what the cost, if it's the best it can be- I'll have it, until the next best thing comes out.

Preston Innovations filed sales @ £24m for the last financial year- not a small business in my opinion Dave
It's so short-sighted to annoy people over parts that cost pennies and a quick email response sorting things out.
I just don't get it? From the general consensus on here they are destroying all the work they did in building a good brand?
But sacrificing quality and service to hit price points is a slippery slope IMHO
The Carp lads seem to go the opposite way, it doesn't matter what the cost, if it's the best it can be- I'll have it, until the next best thing comes out.
I agree it’s short-sighted but we are talking about a very small percentage of their sales being discussed on here, and I don’t think the vast majority of people who buy mid-price fishing gear will complain if it’s faulty, especially over time. We should but there’s a tacit understanding these days that if something doesn’t cost top dollar you shouldn’t be hugely surprised if it doesn’t last. I don’t think you annoy enough people with higher expectations for it to really affect your sales.

I don’t necessarily buy into the planned obsolescence thing, although speak to any car mechanic or appliance engineer abd you’ll probably get a different story, but I do think price-setting is a more precise science than we sometimes think, any successful business will be thinking hard about what any particular price point will mean for consumer behavior.
Having worked recently for a business owner with a huge brain and an obsession with the price of sausages I may be giving them more credit than they deserve, mind you. They seem to spend a lot on research and product development and their marketing must cost a few quid so maybe it’s just a case of not having any more money for after-sales care, because that’s what it comes down to, even a quick email to a customer with a genuine grievance

Back