• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korda Krank hooks

Bank Tackle stuff is really good have asked about a size 12 widegape it would be perfect for small boillies and pellets not doing it yet but might in the future.
The Gardner target specimen is an excellent wide gape hook in smaller sizes for small boilies and pellets.

Has anyone tried these, korda kamakura wide gaps? I bought a packet as a close season impulse buy last year. I didn't pay the full rrp I hasten to add! They are unbelievably sharp, but whether they are worth £7 a pack is another thing! I've not used them yet, I'm afraid of losing one or the point turning on it😂
20210307_132738.jpg

Has anyone tried these, korda kamakura wide gaps? I bought a packet as a close season impulse buy last year. I didn't pay the full rrp I hasten to add! They are unbelievably sharp, but whether they are worth £7 a pack is another thing! I've not used them yet, I'm afraid of losing one or the point turning on it😂
View attachment 14375
They look evil things them.

View attachment 14375
Found the points prone to turning over so not my first choice for rocky pegs. Super sharp tho. Haven't noticed them producing any more bites for all their sharpness.

I received some Bank Tackle wide gapes in the post this morning. On initial inspection they seem sharper than the Gardner Talons (though any practical value in that must be negligible). The real test will be in their strength and durability.

I don’t get too worried about hook strength personally, I feel a lot of these hooks we use designed for landing 50lb carp on 3lb rods are often so strong that you’d need a vice and a pair of pliers to physically straighten one.
my hooks are still capable of landing any barbel that swims in any conditions but they are in fact the weakest link in my tackle. I reckon I must wreck at least one every session on a snag or rock but I’ll nearly always get them back completely deformed.
I don’t like the idea of leaving baited rigs out there.
it’s a shame nash won’t take a packet full of bent ones as a part ex on a packet of new 🤣

Excellent hooks that I have been using for years. This season I've tried the Bank tackle wide gape in a size 8 and they are just as good as the Gardner hooks but cheaper.
Yes I agree and I have been using some of the Bank Tackle hooks. I much preferred the original Nickel Gardner wide gape talon tip hooks but after they discontinued them they replaced them with the covert version which I am not so keen on. I did manage to buy a large stock of the original ones though.

Back