• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Isotopes

Out of curiosity I went for a gander and they look nice, love the range of colours.
Will probably get a pair of red or orange but seeing as only one of my stretches on the Wye allows night fishing and I have a box of 100 starlights...might be a while before I order.
Still, seller saved for the future.

And if I ever pick up the mudsucker rods again, be nice to be able to color co-ordinate my hangers with the alarm LEDs...because the carp find that important, obviously ;-)

I use the Enterprise Tackle night light holders with 2mm x 12mm isotopes but I do put a drop of superglue in to the little silicone sleeve as the isotopes are a bit expensive to lose! Although this size is very small and they are not as bright as the starlights I find them perfectly adequate plus they are there all the time.

Bought some 10x1.5 mm for my old delkims but previously bought the 12x2,s for the rod tips.
I found the best way to attach them was to put the isotope into suitable size clear shrink tube and gently heat,leave a tab on each end and then whip it to the tip in a suitable location,I put 2 on each tip about a 10 inches apart,works a treat

Bought some 10x1.5 mm for my old delkims but previously bought the 12x2,s for the rod tips.
I found the best way to attach them was to put the isotope into suitable size clear shrink tube and gently heat,leave a tab on each end and then whip it to the tip in a suitable location,I put 2 on each tip about a 10 inches apart,works a treat

I keep thinking of doing this, might get round to it one day!

Seems a suitable place to post this.

I found the Enterprise holders to be a pain, anyone tried the Korum?
I reverted to electricians tape which was ok for a few hours but fiddly and sticks to everything but the blank.

My best isotope option ever was using Bug Bond and encapsulating the isotope on the top of the blank - no frap ups.
But reluctant to do this to my new Infinities tbh.

Does anyone know what Bob used for the isoblobs on his rods?
Used Muddy Waters ones (although bought commercially) or Mr Fish ones which seemed to be the brightest. Small blobs were 15 x 3mm and large 20 x 4mm. The manufacture of the 4mm ones was discontinued some years back, although I have some as back-up. Use green as they are the brightest of the colours.

I use drennans of course, and get the occasional wrap up, but the Torrix came with a fitted isotope tthat was inserted into rubber tubing and whipped on to the blank, with a small step under the rubber to obtain a 45 degree angle. Works fine, simplicity.

I use the Enterprise holders with 10mm x 4mm Red Muddy Waters isotopes (dont think that size available now) i find the green too bright also never had a problem with the Enterprise Holders.

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 198
I think that most members on here might not be ready for that sort of high tech device yet Jason. But I may be wrong...

Back